Product Sales & Services Intern - Winter Seasonal
Posted on: November 10, 2019
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes
boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious
and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team.
Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to
deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most
innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience
with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak. The Product
Sales Intern is a part of the Product Sales & Services (PSS)
Department and will be responsible for selling tickets, season
passes, activities, ski school lessons and fulfilling pre-purchased
sales orders on the front line at one of Vail's sales locations.
This position requires a full knowledge of our products and
services and is responsible for collecting guest information. As a
PSS Intern, you will receive a high level of guest interaction and
will be the face of Vail! We are looking for guest service oriented
individuals who are positive, outgoing, operate with a high level
of professionalism, have computer proficiency, and have a passion
for the outdoors, are well disciplined, and take pride in their
work. Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Chance to be involved in all facets of the product sales and
customer service experience for an internationally known mountain
- Receive training and acquire experience in all aspects of our
operations including the sales and services of lift tickets and
passes, ski and snowboard school products, mountain access control,
and the Vail/Beaver Creek customer service call center.
- Working in one of our sales locations with the team of fellow
staff, supervisors and managers.
- Opportunity to learn operation of location's ticket/pass
office, ski and snowboard school office, base-lift scanning
operations and in some instances, the Vail/Beaver Creek customer
service call center.
- Take part in Vail University and receive behind the scene tours
of on-mountain facilities and operations - including restaurants,
grooming, lift maintenance, and ski patrol.
- Participate in free leadership education and our Echo
- Create a season long project that improves or adds value to our
mountain. Pitch this project in a business style presentation to VR
- Participate in the corporate training programs which include
seminars on topics such as the business of Vail, leadership and
- Accurately and efficiently process lift access products,
activity products, and/or ski school products while capturing guest
- Ask the guest for their data with every transaction.
- Ability to learn, understand and effectively communicate with
the guest about multiple product types and can easily adapt to
changing pricing and product offerings.
- Make suitable recommendations on products to meet the guests'
needs and the business objectives.
- Ability to handle high volumes of customer interaction while
delivering exceptional service; internal & external.
- Creating a fun and professional work experience while
communicating in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Professionally assist and follow through with resolution of
guest complaints; handle concerns and suggestions.
- Perform daily sales and closing and be held responsible for
your end of day point of sale audit.
- Work on a computer with a high degree of accuracy and efficient
- Must be able to interact with guest and work on a computer at
the same time.
- Follow company/department policies and procedures.
- Participate in resort and departmental trainings and
- Willing to cross-train and work in all areas/locations of
- Take initiative to perform duties which facilitate operations
and maintain cleanliness of your work area while paying attention
- Perform other duties as appropriate. Qualifications:
- High school graduate or equivalent - required.
- Candidates must be currently enrolled and in good standing in a
college or university with a focus in Recreation or Resort
Management, Business Adminstration or a related field and be
receiving credit for the internship experience -required.
- Must possess terrific guest relations and communication skills
- Previous customer service experience - preferred.
- Ability to communicate fluently (written and oral) in English -
- Strong computer skills (Windows) and prefer previous
Point-of-Sale computer experience - required.
- Good organizational skills and strong background in cash
handling - preferred.
- Accounting background, phone reservations and Spanish speaking
- preferred. Schedule:
- November 4, 2019 - April 19, 2020 (Later start dates due to
college curriculum may be considered)
- Four 10-hour weekly shifts, including weekends and
- 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM Be a part of the resort where it all started.
Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its
guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience.
Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your
mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group
of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help
us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and
unflinching. Join the team at Vail - a place that's Like Nothing on
Earth. Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other
status protected by applicable law. Requisition ID 176732
Keywords: CMP.jobs, Vail , Product Sales & Services Intern - Winter Seasonal, Sales , Vail, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!