Front Desk Agent
Company: Sonnenalp Resort of Vail
Posted on: November 16, 2021
The Sonnenalp Hotel is looking for Front Desk Agents to join an
amazing team! Wage: $17.50 - $19.50/hour, DOE Typical Schedule: Day
and Night shifts, weekends and holidays required Primary Purpose of
Position A Front Desk Agent is to greet, register, check out, and
assist guests efficiently, courteously, and professionally in all
Front Office related functions. To maintain the highest standard of
service and hospitality at all times. Essential Duties and
- Possess a thorough knowledge of check-in and check-out of
guests. To be completely familiar with all front desk computer
operations and procedures for arrivals and departures.
- Thorough knowledge and proper use of all front desk Leading
Hotels of the World (LHW) standards.
- Responsible for all PBX switchboard operations in the absence
of a full time PBX operator. Taking messages for guests and staff
members; these must be complete and accurate. Use of proper and
professional telephone etiquette.
- Responsible for own cash drawer. Report any discrepancies to
Front Office Management.
- Have knowledge of room rates, packages and discounts
- Keep housekeeping informed of early departures, late check-outs
and special requests that guests may have.
- Understand guest and group billing and reading a folio. Know
how to properly correct all errors.
- Know how to handle walk-ins, stay overs and room changes.
- Know room and rate policies. Know how to adjust packages rates
for fewer or additional night stay.
- To be able to handle group arrival based on information
provided in the group resume.
- Complete the bucket and credit check procedure.
- Greet guests on a personal basis whenever possible, maintain a
professional and friendly manner on a consistent basis.
- Ensure HotSos is being used in the appropriate manner to keep
Managers and other departments informed.
- Ensure there are no check-outs with balances due.
- Any other task either written or verbally defined by the Front
Desk Manager. Education/Experience
- Minimum of 1 year Customer Service experience.
- Experience with HMS or similar Lodging Software preferred.
- Strong organizational skills Recommended Skills and
- Efficient with computers, Microsoft Office, and web based
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and multi-tasking
- Ability to work under pressure and use good judgment.
- Friendly, warm and enthusiastic personality. Essential Physical
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to stand and walk for full length of shift, up to 12
hours at one time
- Able to perform various activities such as constant standing,
walking, frequent bending, reaching, kneeling, and squatting
- Routinely handles objects weighing up to 15 lbs and on occasion
may be expected to lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs Benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Resort Discounts
- Holiday Pay, Paid Time Off and Sick Pay
- 401(k) Retirement Plan & Roth 401(k)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Parking Credit or Discounted Bus Passes
Keywords: Sonnenalp Resort of Vail, Vail , Front Desk Agent, Sales , Vail, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!