Maintenance Planner - Local or Drive-In, Drive-Out
Posted on: March 10, 2023
Thiess is seeking a -Maintenance Planner to support our mining team
on our Project site near Denver, Colorado. The Maintenance Planner
will perform planning and support functions necessary to maintain
major surface mining equipment.KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- To be an important contributor by performing maintenance
planning and support functions necessary to maintain major surface
- Under the general direction of the Maintenance Manager, the
Maintenance Planner will perform planning and support functions
necessary to maintain major surface mining equipment
- Responsible for the scheduling, monitoring and coordination of
mining equipment repairs using a computerized maintenance
- Responsible for verifying, ordering, and expediting required
materials and supplies in conjunction with scheduled equipment
repairs, coordinating vendors, assisting with preparation of
capital justifications and expense budgets.
- Coordinate with production to develop and maintain a
preventative maintenance schedule that allows for increased
- Coordinate with maintenance supervisor to schedule personnel
needed for repairs.
- Develop clear and concise work plans that can be easily
followed by maintenance personnel.
- Conduct pre and post activity meetings to ensure repairs are
completed as planned and recommendations can be made for future
- Plan and kit parts for repairs to increase wrench time and
maximize mechanic efficiency.
- Estimate hours needed to complete repairs based on historical
data and plan work accordingly.
- Identify significant recurring equipment failure patterns by
analyzing maintenance history.
- Prepare statistical and costing reports and provide support for
- Make recommendations regarding equipment replacement or
- Assist with troubleshooting process and equipment
- Performs pre-pm inspections to find problems and check current
work orders for equipment.DESIRABLE CRITERIA
- High School Diploma or equivalent. -
- 2-3 years in equipment planning, mining maintenance activities
and/or equivalent industrial experience.
- Technical expertise: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Communications skills; Speaks clearly and persuasively in
positive or negative situations; listens and seeks confirmation of
understanding; effectively responds well to questions.
- Authorization to work lawfully in USA without sponsorship from
Thiess is required.
- Demonstrated high level of analytical ability and ability to
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results within a team
environment with minimal supervision at times.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to
- High level of attention to detail and excellent follow-up
- Solid understanding of business professionalism and the ability
to work in a team environment.
- Mining or heavy industrial construction experience considered
- 2 years of vocational training in heavy equipment repair.
(Equivalent work experience may be accepted in place of formal
- Excellent planning, leadership, organization and communication
- Ability to communicate and interact within all levels of the
- Ability and willingness to work different schedule on site
based on project needs.
- Post-high school training in a related area.WHAT WE OFFER
- A work environment where safety is always the number one
priority. Our safety-first culture guides our overarching objective
- -to keep -everyone safe every day.
- A permanent position working directly for Thiess.
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and
experience with project premiums and bonuses.
- Comprehensive medical benefits including private health
insurance with 100% premium coverage for the employees and
competitively subsidized private health insurance for immediate
- 401K retirement savings benefit with employer matching
- Career development and opportunities locally, domestic withing
the US, and potentially globally.
- Leave for all of life's reasons.
- Preference for a candidate who lives near Denver, Colorado (not
mandatory). Possible domestic relocation assistance or Fly in / Fly
- Work schedule: Mon-Fri, 12-hour shifts (days only).
- 100% PAID FOR ON-SITE HOUSING WILL BE PROVIDED FOR DRIVE-IN,
- Salary range $85,500 - $99,800 USD.
Keywords: Thiess, Vail , Maintenance Planner - Local or Drive-In, Drive-Out, Professions , Leadville, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...