Carpenter Apprentice (Summer)
Company: Town of Vail
Posted on: May 1, 2021
Apply Today!Seasonal position dates are--tentatively scheduled
for work from early May to October--The Town of Vail is now hiring
a carpentry maintenance worker for the summer season . This
position will assist-- Town of Vail carpenters--in performing
carpentry related repairs, maintenance--and construction to Town of
Vail facilities.--The carpentry--maintenance worker--duties
include, but are not limited to:
- Assists with carpentry repair and maintenance for all Town of
Vail departments.-- Items include: benches, furniture, planters,
signs and installation, cabinets, playground structures, and
- Assists with new projet construction.-- Projects in include:--
building additions or remodels, bus shelter construction,
playground construction and new signage.
- Prepares, paints, stains and/or oils all types of surfaces and
- Cleans carpenter shop and other areas as required.
- Performs minor building maintenance such as, routine plumbing,
electrical and other related maintenance activities.
- Responds to guest's questions, concerns, and complaints in a
timely and courteous manner.----
- Responsible for complying with Town of Vail safety and health
policies, practices and procedures that prevent and mitigate human
economic losses arising from accidental causes and adverse
occupational and environmental health exposures.
- Performs other duties as directed.This position may be assigned
to any functional area in Public Works as needed on a daily basis
and may--have exposure to outdoors in all weather conditions and
all types of equipment noise, traffic, dust, chemicals and fumes.--
Stooping, standing, kneeling and lifting is required the entire
shift.--Vail is a guest service oriented and resort destination
community. We realize that to set the standard for world-class
alpine resorts, our employees make all the difference!-- That is
why we are looking for passionate individuals who strive for
excellence in all that they do.-- Qualified applicants should have
previous carpentry experience.--In addition they must meet the
- High School diploma or--equivalent.
- One to two years carpenter or maintenance work experience.
- Valid Colorado driver's license.
- Complete defensive driving course within 6 months of hire.
- Working knowledge of construction procedures, tools, materials
- General painting experience.
- Ability to do minor building maintenance.
- Able to work independently and problem solve.Preferred Skills
- Ability to read, understand and work from blueprints.
- General knowledge of the Uniform Building Code.
- CPR/First Aid certified.
- Basic computer skills.--When asked, most of our employees say
that working for the Town of Vail feels like family.-- Our
values-based culture is nurtured by the employees' strong desire to
foster teamwork, take ownership in Vail's future and an overall
pride for serving their community.-- Let's not forget that our
efforts not only benefit the community but also allow us to enjoy
the spectacular amenities and culture in the Vail Valley which we
call home!------Part-time / Seasonal Benefits--As a Part-time or
Seasonal employee we encourage our employees to enjoy the local
outdoor activities that brought you here!-- Summer employees will
be provided with a golf pass and tennis facilities. Additional
benefits may include end of season/returning bonuses & employee
housing (limited availability).
Keywords: Town of Vail, Vail , Carpenter Apprentice (Summer), Professions , Vail, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!