Intermediate Maintenance Technician - Vail Marriott - Year Round
Company: Vail Mountain
Posted on: February 17, 2021
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts.--As a community of adventurers
and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime
to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the
brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and
challenge the status quo. Whether you're looking for seasonal work
or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.-
Performs skilled maintenance work in many of the following areas:
electrical, plumbing, welding, carpentry, painting, mechanical,
equipment operation, cabinet/countertop/trim/drywall installation,
HVAC, etc. Provides recommendations for improvement of work
methods, safety, materials, and tools. Assists higher level Techs
with more complex tasks. Additional responsibilities include but
are not limited to:
- Perform daily rounds - check boilers, pools, common areas, fire
sprinkler system, and Fire Alarm panel.
- Check boilers, pools, common areas, sprinkler systems, fire
pump room, fire panels when necessary.
- Attend to any work orders, guest requests, housekeeping
requests, front desk requests, room calls.
- Helps with snow and garbage removal.
- Maintain all facilities and Operating Systems in a safe and
efficient working order (i.e. Auto doors, exit door ways, required
snow/garbage removal.) Will require 29lbs. or more.
- Work with outside contractors to provide necessary improvements
or maintenance as directed.
- May require lifting arms above head and shoulders to work in
- Maintain tools and work area in safe, and efficient
- Work with other departments when directed. Keep track of
supplies and fill out requisition for needed supplies. Assist with
preventative maintenance in common areas and guest rooms.
- Performs any additional tasks or projects as required.
- Complete assigned tasks in a safe, timely manner. Requirements:
- Must be 18 years of age. -required
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
- Must be able to communicate in English both verbal and written.
- Valid CO driver's license and satisfactory driving record
- Basic computer knowledge. -required
- Must be able to lift and move at least 50lbs. -required
- Experience in Maintenance and Construction related Field.
- Willing to work with changing shift schedules. -required
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays and on-call
- Able to work in all environments (indoor/outdoor) and weather
- Ideal candidate must be able to work both independently, as
part of a team, have strong communication skills and be a
self-starter Preferred Skills/Qualifications:
- 2-4 years general experience required, building maintenance
- Experience in electrical, painting, drywall and carpentry
preferred The budgeted range starts at 15.00-20.00.- Actual pay
will be adjusted based on experience. The perks-include a-free ski
pass, and a set of benefits including...-
- Medical, Dental, Vision-insurance,-and a-401(k)
- Hourly employees are-generally-eligible for accrued-Paid Time
Off (PTO),-Extra Time Off (ETO)-and Sick Time.- Salaried employees
are-generally-eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)-
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers--
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts--
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance-One Job - Double the
Benefits.--Working for the Marriott at Vail gives you access to the
phenomenal mountain town that is Vail, CO and all the perks that
come with being a Vail Resorts Employee (Free Ski Pass, discounted
lodging at all Vail properties, discounts on retail items and FB
locations). Not only that, but take advantage of the Marriott team
member benefits (discounted room rates at all Marriott's
nation-wide) to truly get the most out of your hospitality
experience. Come join our team of incredible people with passion
for customer service and making sure everyone checking in feels
like they are home. Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran
status or any other status protected by applicable law.Requisition
Keywords: Vail Mountain, Vail , Intermediate Maintenance Technician - Vail Marriott - Year Round, Professions , Vail, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!