Company: Sigma Inc
Posted on: January 26, 2023
241106 - X-Ray Tech - Vail, CO - 13 Weeks Contract
Sigma Healthcare Team is currently looking for an X-Ray Tech to
work for our clients facility.
Shift Information: Days
- We are looking to employ a dedicated and skilled X-ray
technician to take quality x-rays of patients' bones, soft tissues,
or organs as instructed by patients' physicians. The X-ray
technician's responsibilities include monitoring radiology
supplies, attending mandatory staff meetings and training sessions,
and ensuring that the x-ray machines are set at the correct
radiation levels. You should also ensure that all x-ray rooms are
clean and tidy at all times. To be successful as an X-ray
technician, you should be compassionate toward patients and able to
lift or move patients with mobility issues. Ultimately, an
exceptional X-ray technician should be able to work in a fast-paced
environment as well as demonstrate excellent communication,
analytical, and problem-solving skills.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Verifying patients' identity and reviewing physicians' orders
before beginning x-ray procedures.
- Using x-ray equipment to take radiographic images of patients'
bones, tissues, and organs as per physicians' written
- Explaining x-ray procedures to patients and answering their
- Positioning patients accordingly, which may include lifting and
moving patients with limited mobility.
- Limiting patients' exposure to radiation by placing lead
shields on patients where needed.
- Ensuring that the x-rays taken are of sound quality to prevent
- Working closely with the resident Radiologist to determine
whether further tests are required.
- Ensuring that the x-ray equipment is regularly serviced and in
good working order.
- Promptly notifying management of damaged or malfunctioning
- Maintaining an accurate record of completed x-ray
- A minimum of two (2) years as a Radiologic
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in the operation of
radiographic equipment; functions independently without
supervision. Knowledge of radiation safety and protocols.
- Must have dosimeter badge.
- Experience with Meditech EMR, Philips DR, Philips C-arms, OEC
C-arms, and Konica DR preferred
- Traveler must arrive on island the Friday prior to the Monday
start for HR/EH clearance appointments.
- Licensure: A current State of CO Radiologic Technologist
license as a radiographer.
- Certification: A current American Registry of Radiologic
Technologists (ARRT) certification, and a current Basic Life
Support (BLS) certification.
Keywords: Sigma Inc, Vail , X-ray Tech, Other , Vail, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!