Registered Nurse Obstetrics
Company: Vail Health
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Registered Nurse Obstetrics
To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our
patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and
passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating
the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not,
we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the
work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world's most advanced mountain
healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened
in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides
exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful
views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated
in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can
sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL,
KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and
WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in
one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are
subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.Pay is based
upon relevant education and experience.
This position is responsible for caring for antepartum patients,
laboring patients through childbirth, recovery, and postpartum,
providing family centered care including the well newborn and the
Level 2 Nursery. Assure expert, compassion, individualize nursing
care for patients and families expected. They collaborate with
providers, staff and other members of the team to achieve optimal
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Oversees the daily patient flow to optimize patient care,
safety and satisfaction.
- Demonstrates ability to triage incoming patient requests for
- Delivers patient education to facilitate plan of care, employer
informed healthcare choices, and promote optimal wellness.
- Demonstrates ability to delegate care appropriately and
according to Colorado statue.
- Demonstrates competent healthcare assessment skills,
prioritizing skills and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrates ability to handle high telephone volume of patient
requests for medications, information and assistance.
- Administers medications, performs treatments, and assists in
procedures as needed; consistently adhering to patient safety
- Coordinates patient care with other physician practices, Vail
Health and others as needed to achieve the highest possible level
of patient care and satisfaction.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently with minimal
- Delivers excellent service by utilizing Relationship-Based Care
to advocate for safety, patient preferences, and optimal
communication through partnering with patients and
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be
an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or
work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an
accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
- One-year clinical experience required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a State of Colorado Registered
- Basic Life Support (BLS), required.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Provider (NRP) certification,
- Advanced Cardiac Life Safety (ACLS) certification,
Computer / Typing:
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the
computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements
for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies,
complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Must have working knowledge of the English language, including
reading, writing, and speaking English.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages,
parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to
support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package
including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible
spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student
loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of
employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan
with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term
disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet
insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19
vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.
- - - - - -
Vail Health, formerly Vail Valley Medical Center, is a nonprofit
community health care system serving patients and guests from
around the world. Locally operated and governed by a volunteer
board of directors, Vail Health includes a 56-bed hospital,
accredited by the Joint Commission. Our 24/7 emergency department
in Vail is a Level III Trauma Center with a nearby helipad for
necessary medical transports.
Vail Health provides a wide array of services and access points
including Beaver Creek Medical Center, urgent care clinics in Avon
and Gypsum, our Edwards medical campus, Eagle Healthcare Center and
a multispecialty clinic in Frisco. Howard Head Sports Medicine
offers physical therapy services at 10 locations and works closely
with our internationally renowned orthopaedic partners at The
Steadman Clinic and Vail-Summit Orthopaedics. In addition, Vail
Health's Shaw Cancer Center and Sonnenalp Breast Center are the
region's only fully accredited cancer treatment center and
comprehensive breast center.
The Vail Clinic, which was founded in 1965, officially became "Vail
Valley Medical Center" in 1980, its first year as a full-service
hospital. At that time, we had one primary location and 25
physicians. Today, Vail Health has locations in nine towns, 1,500
employees, 260 physician partners and 85 volunteers.
Keywords: Vail Health, Vail , Registered Nurse Obstetrics, Other , Vail, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!