Total Joint Replacement Operating Room Nurse
Company: Vail Health
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Total Joint Replacement Operating Room Nurse
To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our
patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and
passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating
the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not,
we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the
work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world's most advanced mountain
healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened
in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides
exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful
views in the area, located centrally in Vail.Pay Grade: Min: $41.20
Max: $74.78. Pay is based upon relevant education and experience.
This position is eligible for any ongoing Surgical Services staff
Assists in total joint replacement procedures in a high volume
total joint replacement center that provides excellent inpatient
and outpatient care in an efficient and team centered environment.
Position functions under the direction of the OR Directors in both
Hospital and Surgical Center and the Medical Director of the Total
Joint Service Line.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Oversees the daily patient flow to optimize patient care,
safety and satisfaction.
- Demonstrates ability to triage incoming patient requests for
- Delivers patient education to facilitate plan of care, employer
informed healthcare choices, and promote optimal wellness.
- Demonstrates ability to delegate care appropriately and
according to Colorado statue.
- Demonstrates competent healthcare assessment skills,
prioritizing skills and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrates ability to handle high telephone volume of patient
requests for medications, information and assistance.
- Administers medications, performs treatments, and assists in
procedures as needed; consistently adhering to patient safety
- Coordinates patient care with other physician practices, Vail
Heath and others as needed to achieve the highest possible level of
patient care and satisfaction.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently with minimal
- Delivers excellent service by utilizing Relationship-Based Care
to advocate for safety, patient preferences, and optimal
communication through partnering with patients and
- Demonstrates understanding of operating room technician
procedures instrumentation, equipment and workflow.
- Role models the principals of a Just Culture.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be
an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or
work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an
accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
- One year of clinical RN experience in a total joint center
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Colorado or from
a valid compact state required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required
Computer / Typing:
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the
computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements
for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies,
complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Must have working knowledge of the English language, including
reading, writing, and speaking English.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages,
parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to
support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package
including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible
spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student
loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of
employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan
with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term
disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet
insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19
vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.
- - - - - -
Vail Health, formerly Vail Valley Medical Center, is a nonprofit
community health care system serving patients and guests from
around the world. Locally operated and governed by a volunteer
board of directors, Vail Health includes a 56-bed hospital,
accredited by the Joint Commission. Our 24/7 emergency department
in Vail is a Level III Trauma Center with a nearby helipad for
necessary medical transports.
Vail Health provides a wide array of services and access points
including Beaver Creek Medical Center, urgent care clinics in Avon
and Gypsum, our Edwards medical campus, Eagle Healthcare Center and
a multispecialty clinic in Frisco. Howard Head Sports Medicine
offers physical therapy services at 10 locations and works closely
with our internationally renowned orthopaedic partners at The
Steadman Clinic and Vail-Summit Orthopaedics. In addition, Vail
Health's Shaw Cancer Center and Sonnenalp Breast Center are the
region's only fully accredited cancer treatment center and
comprehensive breast center.
The Vail Clinic, which was founded in 1965, officially became "Vail
Valley Medical Center" in 1980, its first year as a full-service
hospital. At that time, we had one primary location and 25
physicians. Today, Vail Health has locations in nine towns, 1,500
employees, 260 physician partners and 85 volunteers.
Keywords: Vail Health, Vail , Total Joint Replacement Operating Room Nurse, Other , Vail, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!