Lead Spa Therapist
Company: Vail Mountain
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Create Your Experience of a Lifetime! Come work and play in the
mountains! - Whether it's your first time seeing snow or you were
born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or
re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong
connections with teammates and guests from around the world. - With
40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season
or stay to build a career. From day one, you'll receive some of the
highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es)
along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts,
the chance to grow through Epic Service - our leading training and
development experience, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
- Job Benefits
- Ski/Mountain Perks! -Free passes for employees, employee
discounted lift tickets for friends and family -AND free ski
lessons - -
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain
shuttles -AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other
- 401(k) Retirement Plan - -
- Employee Assistance Program -
- Excellent training and professional development -
- Referral Program - Full Time roles are eligible for the above,
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and
Vision Insurance plans (for eligible seasonal employees after
working 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents -
- Critical Illness and Accident plans - Job Summary Responsible
for lead function within spa therapist team. Provides day-to-day
work direction to team members; enforces policies and procedures;
trains and guides staff; and resolves issues and problems. May be
responsible for assisting with payroll and conducting end of month
inventory of products and supplies. Performs all tasks for which
work group is responsible as needed. Receives commission for
services, which typically represents a majority of compensation for
the position. Job Specifications:---
- Outlet:--- The Lodge at Vail
- Starting Wage:--- Commision + Tips
- Shift & Schedule Availability:--- Full Time, Year Round
- Skill Level: -Intermediate - Responsibilities:
- Responsible for assisting in the selection, training,
supervision and success of all spa and salon team members.
- Capable of creating a motivational atmosphere and a cohesive
- Delegates authority appropriately to various team members and
follows up on all projects and issues to ensure timely
- Is actively involved in the operation through daily interaction
with both the staff and Resort guests.
- Demonstrates proactive leadership qualities in both the daily
operation of the Spa/Salon as well as in long-term visioning.
- Exhibits a professional demeanor through appearance and by
maintaining a positive attitude toward all employees and guests.
- Ensures that the guest experience is pleasant in regard to
atmosphere, service and quality. - Adheres to the Resort brand/
- Leads the charge in staying current on the lastest spa/salon
trends and develops treatment packages accordingly. -
- Adheres to the Spa/Salon operational budget and payroll
- Establishes and enforces internal cost and labor controls.
- Oversees the purchasing, inventory control and par levels of
all spa & salon products. - Recommends equipment and products to be
- Responsible for developing revenue enhancement programs
(promotions) to increase the number of services and retail sales in
the spa/salon. -
- Responsible for attending numerous Resort wide meetings and
communicating all relevant information to the Spa and Salon
- Oversees the compliance of state laws regarding spa and salon
health standards and proper training/certifications.
- -Develops strong working relationships with other departments
to ensure communication and teamwork is at an optimum.
- Complies with all Resort policies, procedures and standards of
- Other duties as assigned Requirements:
- 1-3 years of Spa/Salon work experience in an upscale
- 1-3 years supervising a spa/salon
- CPR Certification and a valid CO state license
- Strong computer skills needed;Word, Excel, Outlook. -
Experience with Spa Soft and People Soft preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend complex correspondence. -
- Ability to effectively present detailed information both
verbally and in written form to guests, fellow Executives and
employees throughout the organization.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus The budgeted range starts at
-$0.01. - Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience. Vail
Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status
protected by applicable law. Requisition ID -488190
Keywords: Vail Mountain, Vail , Lead Spa Therapist, Other , Vail, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!