Patient Access Supervisor
Company: Vail Health
Posted on: January 9, 2022
+ POSITION PURPOSE:
+ The Patient Access Supervisor is responsible for facilitating the
daily operations of the registration function under the direction
of the Patient Access and Insurance Verification Manager. The
supervisor will participate in the management of the human
resources activities for Patient Access, including hiring of new
staff, corrective actions and scheduling.
+ ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
+ 1. Directs and coordinates the daily activities of the Patient
2. Manages staffing schedules to ensure adequate coverage and
provides training on an initial and ongoing basis.
3. Ensures admission processes are completed in a timely and
efficient manner, and customers are provided with a professional,
caring level of service.
4. Acts as liaison between internal and external parties to
maintain a consistent, streamlined process to obtain required
paperwork prior to service.
5. Demonstrates the ability to thoroughly explain forms regarding
conditions of admission, patient rights and responsibilities,
advanced directives, privacy practices and other facility policies
6. Possesses high knowledge of the billing process and managed care
contracts in order to explain patients' benefits.
7. Assists in resolving patient questions or concerns that require
a higher-level response in a prompt and informative manner.
8. Engages in inter-departmental communication to confirm the
accuracy of the completion of registrations. Follows up with staff
on a timely basis on findings and takes corrective action as
9. Assists with admitting patients for outpatient surgical and
10. Tracks patient satisfaction scores related to the registration
function and reports those scores to employees and managers on a
monthly basis. Makes recommendations and implements changes to
increase satisfaction scores as appropriate.
11. Assists with the development of department goals and objectives
and implements policies and procedures for department
12. Assists the Director of Business Operations to identify,
recommend and implement Patient Access technology solutions to
improve efficiency and customer service.
13. Role models the principles of a Just Culture and Organizational
14. Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
+ This description is not intended and should not be construed to
be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts
or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an
accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
+ MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Requirements - Required and/or
+ + Must be able to manage the operational flow of a medical
setting and demonstrate critical decision-making to successfully
meet operational goals.
+ Two years of health care experience in a patient access
+ Supervisory experience preferred.
+ Computer / Typing:
+ Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers
skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for
job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies,
complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
+ Must have working knowledge of the English language, including
reading, writing, and speaking English.
Keywords: Vail Health, Vail , Patient Access Supervisor, Other , Vail, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!