Precertification Specialist / Scheduler (Glenwood Springs Office)
Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Posted on: October 11, 2021
Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital.
Aspen Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed community hospital that
represents the best of two worlds - the warmth and friendliness of
a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center.
Our award-winning hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO,
includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a
difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we
are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient
care of any hospital across the country.
This Position Offers:
Highly competitive pay, 40 hours per week, comprehensive benefits
package (including generous PTO, health insurance within your first
30 days, retirement), being part of a very cohesive & supportive
team, and four of North America's top ski resorts at your
To assist in scheduling patient encounters for all clinical service
departments using Meditech Scheduling and B/AR module. To act as
liaison between Hospital departments to effectively coordinate
scheduling of tests and procedures. Responsible for
pre-authorization function to assure accurate and timely payor
information and fiscal responsibility.
Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
- Accurately schedules appointments, choosing appropriate
appointment types, and correct data entry. Professional &
responsive communication with physicians, patients, and
- Mammo - interviews & schedules patients using:
symptoms/screening, Insurance/Komen or other Grants, implants, &
requests for previous films. Assist Breast Liaison with follow-up.
Keeps current on all grant criteria & requirements.
- Produces day end reports & distributes. Includes reviewing
scanned orders, correct procedure vs. actual order, and ABN if
needed has been processed & distributed accordingly.
- Works with other PFS staff to ensure fiscal management of
appointments. Stays current on Medicare & insurance requirements,
ensuring ABN's & insurance waivers & pre-certs are completed &
communicated to patient & scanned.
- Understands and complies with all Hospital, patient
confidentiality, ABN's and insurance waivers. Participates in
trainings & staff meetings. Reads daily summary reports & emails to
be aware of changes.
- Utilizes computerized scheduling and B/AR modules to maximize
benefit for AVH and customers. Adapts software to meet needs.
- Provides assistance to other departments as needed.
- Fiscal responsibility including reviewing and completing ABN's,
Insurance authorizations/waivers, and ensuring completed
precertification as needed.
- Schedules and pre-certifies all Physical Therapy patients-at
all AVH locations. Reviews and monitors CAP requirements and ABN's
for Medicare patients. Pre-certify and/or check for MCR ABN on all
patients with scheduled lab tests-at all AVH locations. As above
does all pre-certification, insurance authorizations and waivers,
required ABN's and CAPS.
- Records pertinent documentation in accordance with regulatory
requirements, professional standards and hospital policy.
- Adheres to federal, state and hospital rules and regulations
concerning HIPAA privacy and security.
- Follows Hospital compliance plan and policies, including the
Code of Conduct.
- Participates in required training for compliance related
activities (HIPAA, Compliance, Patient Safety, TJC, etc.)
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
- 2-3 years of experience in related healthcare field
- Ability to concentrate and show attention to detail
- Relatively high degree of analytical abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English
- Spanish preferred
- High School Diploma or GED, preferred
Benefits & Compensation:
Hire-in rates of pay are based upon the relevance of years of
experience, education and certifications. Our talent acquisition
team will help you understand how your direct experience will be
Pay range for new hires:
Minimum = $21.07/hr
Mid-Point = $27.43/hr
Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous paid time off,
health insurance within your first 30 days, generous retirement
with details that can be viewed here.
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Vail , Precertification Specialist / Scheduler (Glenwood Springs Office), Other , Eagle, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!