Precertification Specialist / Scheduler (Glenwood Springs Office)
Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Posted on: September 7, 2021
Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital.
Aspen Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed community hospital that
represents the best of two worlds - the warmth and friendliness of
a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center.
Our award-winning hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO,
includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a
difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we
are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient
care of any hospital across the country.
This Position Offers:
Highly competitive pay, 40 hours per week, comprehensive benefits
package (including generous PTO, health insurance within your first
30 days, retirement), being part of a very cohesive & supportive
team, professional work environment, convenient west Glenwood
Springs office location, paid training, and much more.
To assist in scheduling patient encounters for all clinical service
departments using Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system for
Scheduling and B/AR module. To act as liaison between Hospital
departments to effectively coordinate scheduling of tests and
procedures. Responsible for pre-authorization function to assure
accurate and timely payor information and fiscal
Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
- Accurately schedules appointments, choosing appropriate
appointment types, and correct data entry. Professional &
responsive communication with physicians, patients, and
- Mammo - interviews & schedules patients using:
symptoms/screening, Insurance/Komen or other Grants, implants, &
requests for previous films. Assist Breast Liaison with follow-up.
Keeps current on all grant criteria & requirements.
- Produces day end reports & distributes. Includes reviewing
scanned orders, correct procedure vs. actual order, and ABN if
needed has been processed & distributed accordingly.
- Works with other PFS staff to ensure fiscal management of
appointments. Stays current on Medicare & insurance requirements,
ensuring ABN's & insurance waivers & pre-certs are completed &
communicated to patient & scanned.
- Understands and complies with all Hospital, patient
confidentiality, ABN's and insurance waivers. Participates in
trainings & staff meetings. Reads daily summary reports & emails to
be aware of changes.
- Utilizes computerized scheduling and B/AR modules to maximize
benefit for AVH and customers. Adapts software to meet needs.
- Provides assistance to other departments as needed.
- Fiscal responsibility including reviewing and completing ABN's,
Insurance authorizations/waivers, and ensuring completed
precertification as needed.
- Schedules and pre-certifies all Physical Therapy patients-at
all AVH locations. Reviews and monitors CAP requirements and ABN's
for Medicare patients. Pre-certify and/or check for MCR ABN on all
patients with scheduled lab tests-at all AVH locations. As above
does all pre-certification, insurance authorizations and waivers,
required ABN's and CAPS.
- Records pertinent documentation in accordance with regulatory
requirements, professional standards and hospital policy.
- Adheres to federal, state and hospital rules and regulations
concerning HIPAA privacy and security.
- Follows Hospital compliance plan and policies, including the
Code of Conduct.
- Participates in required training for compliance related
activities (HIPAA, Compliance, Patient Safety, TJC, etc.)
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Ability to manage a high-paced work environment required
- Basic computer proficiency required (Windows, Microsoft Outlook
& Excel, typing)
- Spanish preferred
- 2-3 years of experience in related healthcare field
- Ability to concentrate and show attention to detail
Benefits & Compensation:
Our hire-in rates of pay are based on years of relevant experience.
Listed below are our hire-in rates for the position, which
includes: minimum pay (no relevant experience) and mid-point (12 or
Minimum = $22.00/hr
Mid-Point = $27.43/hr
Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous paid time off,
health insurance within your first 30 days, retirement, and much
more can be viewed here.
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Vail , Precertification Specialist / Scheduler (Glenwood Springs Office), Other , Eagle, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!