Salary: $20-$25.47 Hourly
The bus operator will perform full operation of buses to provide
transportation to the public in a safe and efficient manner with
strong customer service. Must be prepared to work split shifts,
weekends, holidays, and a schedule that could include working until
No experience necessary!
Check out this video to learn more about ECO.
Schedule: Seasonal schedules available for 40 hours per week,
based on operational needs April to November and may have the
opportunity to become full-time, year-round after the summer
season. (Non CDL: 4 weeks paid training, CDL / with Passenger
Endorsement: 3 weeks paid training). Positions may be able to start
Bonus: $250 after training paid out 30 days after training as
well as a $1000 end of season bonus.
Limited Employee Housing Available: Lake Creek Apartments;
Edwards CO, Deposit & Security paid by ECO Transit; 1 bedroom, (in
a 2 bedroom unit) with shared common living. $737.50/month per
person, no pets.
COVID Safety: Drivers are required to check in with the dispatch
center and follow a temperature and symptom check, prior to
clocking in. Vehicles are sanitized each night. Drivers are
required to sanitize the driver area of the vehicle prior to
driving and at the end of shift. Masks are required by drivers
whenever they are loading, unloading, and carrying passengers. We
are currently regulated to carry only 50% of our seating capacity
on our vehicles. All buses have driver shields, and they must be
deployed whenever passengers are loading through the front door.
For more detailed information, click here.
For more information, please call Jeff Wetzel at 970-328-3557 or
Greg Barrett 970-328-3536.
- Picks up, transports and drops off passengers on a prescribed
route, in accordance with schedules and local, state and federal
laws and standards.
- Performs a thorough federally mandated pre-trip inspection of
bus prior to each trip to assure vehicle is in proper working
order. Completes post-trip inspection at the end of each shift to
assess any maintenance needs.
- Maintains and practices safe defensive driving techniques with
constant attention to speed and the external environment.
- Assists disabled passengers entering and exiting vehicle
including providing ADA services to disabled passengers according
to policy and procedures and federal guidelines; communicates
special safety instructions. Maintains guest relations by
monitoring comfort needs of passengers.
- Provides riders with schedule/route information and trip
planning assistance to effectively reach their desired
- Proficiency in the operation of equipment concerning transit
operations including automated fare box system, computer aided
dispatch communication systems, emergency alert system and security
- Verifies that all paperwork submitted to dispatch is fully
compliant - including but not limited to accident and incident
reports and vehicle inspection forms (pre/post trip).
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of transit system operating rules, regulations and
routes. Safety practices and procedures related to transit vehicle
operation and public safety. Safe and efficient operation of county
vehicles. Recognizing potentially hazardous situations in traffic
on the roadway.
- Ability to pass required drug and alcohol test per federal and
state regulations and guidelines.
- Ability to maintain a CDL license including passing a
Department of Transportation health screening physical.
- Ability to read, understand and follow written and verbal
instruction in order to operate bus.
- Ability to understand federal and state regulations, traffic
laws and County policies regarding vehicle operation.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to be courteous of citizens
while transporting and performing other duties.
- Ability to concentrate and pay attention to possible traffic
- Incumbent is required to sit for extended periods of time and
may occasionally be required to use physical ability to assist
passengers when necessary.
- Ability to physically assist passengers when necessary.
- Frequent exposure to driving on county roads in a variety of
- Exposure to dust, dirt and grease and moving parts associated
with driving a bus.
- Valid Colorado driver's license and a satisfactory motor
- CDL permit prior to hire and then class B with passenger
endorsement must be obtained within 30 days of hire date.
- Class B CDL with passenger endorsement - preferred.
- Must have own transportation; shifts start early / shifts end
A career with Eagle County Government impacts and enriches the
lives of our community members by following our mission: Creating a
Better Eagle County for All. With nearly 500 amazing employees,
Eagle County is a progressive and values-driven organization
located in the heart of the Rocky Mountains.
Outdoor enthusiasts and those seeking a small town community are
attracted to Eagle County for the amazing lifestyle. Although we
are best known for our world-class skiing, hiking, biking, fishing
and outdoor activities, it is really the people that make our
valley so great!
Benefits for seasonal employees:
- Free classes at Colorado Mountain College
- Eagle County University classes (internal trainings)
- Tuition discount program
- Free bus pass
- Discounted gym memberships and more
As a certified healthy workplace our culture recognizes the
importance of individual needs and enjoying life outside of work.
Other perks may include flexible work arrangements, paid volunteer
time and daytime fitness classes/bike rides.
Eagle County is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Working in a diverse, respectful and inclusive environment is
essential for our employees be successful in serving our community.
We do not discriminate with regard to age, race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics,
national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally
protected status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of this position.
Eagle, CO Relocation Guide (Courtesy of Town of Eagle & Eagle
Vail Valley Relocation Guide (Courtesy of Vail Valley