Maintenance Crew - Summer Seasonal
Company: Vail Resorts
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers
and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime
to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the
brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and
challenge the status quo. Whether you're looking for seasonal work
or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The Seasonal Maintenance Technician will be responsible for all
Adventure Ridge seasonal set-up and tear down (summer and winter)
of all Adventure Ridge activities and grounds. They are responsible
for weekly, monthly, annual inspections on the activities, and
performing daily routine maintenance and repairs on the activities
and surrounding grounds. The technician will support the Operations
team in the day to day operation of Adventure Ridge activities.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Set-up, tear down, and storage of Adventure Ridge activities,
fencing, signage, paths.
- Ability to operate a wide variety of vehicles; truck, trailer
hauling, heavy equipment, snow cats, snowmobiles.
- Operate power tools, hand tools to build and repair; stairs,
ramps, railings, fencing, and decking.
- Repair small engines in kids snowmobiles, electric motors used
on bungee trampolines, replacement of belay cables on ropes courses
and zipline tour.
- Working with the necessary PPE (harnesses, helmets, ropes,
slings, rescue equipment, trolleys) to perform maintenance at
height on challenge courses, kid's zipline, and zipline tour.
- Completes (supervises) daily inspections for all course
components, equipment and gear as required.
- Communicates and documents safety issues including near misses
and incident prevention opportunities.
- Assists in operational maintenance responsibilities including
but not limited to course equipment, facilities and structural
inspections, cleanliness and upkeep of indoor/outdoor and
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a Valid Driver's License & Satisfactory Driving
Record (in accordance with VR Drivers Policy).
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of all required trainings.
- Ability to remain calm and in control in varying degrees of
emergency situations (weather, medical, rescue).
- Able to do physical work, stand for long periods of time and
perform repetitive motions
- Able to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Able to work at heights up to and in excess of 100' above the
ground in a physically demanding environment.
- Able to work in restricted spaces.
- Mechanical background and aptitude.
- Basic computer skills such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
and ability to learn PeopleSoft, SuccessFactors, and Coupa.
- Able to communicate clearly with Guests and other Employees and
is fluent in spoken and written English.
- Operational experience relevant to outdoor adventure
- Experience with technical/mechanical aspects of Canopy tours,
Challenge Courses, and other outdoor adventure activities.
- Experience working with, or ability to learn, a wide variety of
equipment such as skid steer, forklift, snow blower, snowmobile,
truck (street and mountain), UTV, etc.
- Experience working at height with rope access, work
positioning, and fall arrest systems
- Knowledge of NDT techniques and rigging, or ability to
- Industry certifications or willingness to achieve them (NAARSO,
AIMS, ACCT, SPRAT)
- First Aid/First Responder training and certification
The budgeted range starts at $15.00 - $20.00. Actual pay will be
adjusted based on experience.
The perks and benefits include
- Free ski passes for employees
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Accrued Sick Time
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food (including $5 meals), gear, and
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Excellent training & professional development
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (only available once
eligible employees work 750 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging
to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while
infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you
someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain
exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people
who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver
unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and
unflinching. Join the team at Vail - a place that's Like Nothing on
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other
status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 316970
Keywords: Vail Resorts, Vail , Maintenance Crew - Summer Seasonal, Other , Vail, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!