+ POSITION PURPOSE:
+ Human resource professional, responsible for multiple human
resource activities as assigned by the Director of Human Resources.
Duties include coordinating employment activities, receiving and
acting on employee complaints or grievances, administering employee
records, ensuring compliance with employment laws and regulations,
recommending and coordinating employee training activities, new
employee orientation and other programs. Responsible to facilitate
all organization events identified by the Director of Human
Resources as well as facilitating the recognition programs and
+ ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
+ 1. Provides Human Resources advice, counsel and guidance to
management to all levels of the hospital, applying good judgment
and establishing credibility.
2. Assists with training/coaching managers to handle employee
relations issues and comply with personnel law, either in
one-on-one or group sessions.
3. Assists with the response to EEOC charges, applying a working
knowledge of basic principles of EEO and other employment laws when
responding to employee relations issues while consistently
promoting a positive work environment.
4. Communicates timely and effectively to all levels of
employees when issues arise; handles group communication
effectively, hearing all sides of issues and demonstrating a calm,
reassuring approach to addressing concerns.
5. Investigates external complaints and internal claims and
communicates and follows up with involved parties throughout the
process to resolution. Capable of representing the organization at
respective regulatory agencies.
6. Facilitates proactive employee relations programs and
7. Compiles data quarterly for trending reports.
8. Facilitates compliance for The Joint Commission regulations
and Human Resources Standards.
9. Manages and coordinates organization events as well as the
rewards and recognition programs and processes continually looking
for new ideas and methods to contribute to employee
10. Assists with employee opinion survey and employee exit
11. Models the Vail Health values at all times.
11. Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA
+ MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
+ Minimum of three years demonstrated experience as a Human
Resources Generalist. Solid knowledge of personnel and labor
+ Healthcare experience preferred.
+ Bachelor's degree required