Company: Colorado Mountain Medical
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Colorado Mountain Medical is seeking a Laboratory Technician to
join or team of health care professionals. The Laboratory
Technician is responsible for specimen processing, quality control,
maintenance, test performance, and for reporting test results.
This position will be located in our clinic in Avon, Colorado.
We offer great benefits including medical, dental, vision, a
retirement savings plan with company match, PTO, annual bonus
potential and more!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and
processing, test analyses, reporting, quality control and
maintaining records of patient test results.
- Follows established departmental policies and procedures,
objectives, OSHA Rules and Regulations, environmental and infection
- Performs only those moderate complexity tests within the scope
- Performs and reviews quality controls in testing; decides if
results are within acceptable ranges, researches problems and
- Performs a variety of determinations on different bodily fluids
such as pregnancy tests, urinalysis, and complete blood counts.
Confirms and verifies test results and reports findings to
- Documents all quality control activities, instrument and
procedural calibrations and maintenance performed.
- Prepares specimens to be stored or transported to the reference
- Operates, calibrates, and conducts performance checks on
clinical laboratory equipment and monitors maintenance
- Follows corrective action policies and procedures when test
systems are not within the laboratory's established acceptable
levels of performance.
- Identifies problems that may adversely affect test performance
or reporting of test results and corrects the problems or notifies
supervisory personnel of the problem.
- Documents all corrective actions taken when test systems
deviate from the laboratory's established performance
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum Associates degree in Biology or Chemistry OR 1 year
similar Lab experience required
- 1 Year clinical experience preferred.
- MT or MLT certification preferred.
- High level computer proficiency and ability to learn new
- Lab technology proficiency preferred.
- Ability to gather, analyze, interpret and communicate diverse
and complex information.
- Ability to effectively organize resources, establish priorities
and perform multiple tasks.
- Professionalism and ability to be discreet with confidential
and sensitive issues.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sitting for more than 50% of the day.
- Walking and standing for less than 50% of the day.
- Occasionally lifts, moves, or exerts force up to 50lbs.
- Full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity
and eye-hand coordination in operation and manipulation of complex
- Seeing up close, long distances, color, and adjusting and
- Hearing to normal range.
- Working indoors in an office environment.
- Exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, and other
conditions common to a medical clinic environment.
- Direct contact with corrosive chemicals, infectious agents,
handling glassware and needles.
Keywords: Colorado Mountain Medical, Vail , Laboratory Technician, Other , Avon, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!