Harvest Restaurant Line Cook
Company: Sonnenalp Resort of Vail
Posted on: June 11, 2021
The Sonnenalp Club in Edwards is looking for a Full-time
Seasonal Line Cook for the Harvest Restaurant to start ASAP.
Wage: $16.00 - $20.50, DOE (includes the culinary appreciation
Schedule: 8am to 4pm or 3pm to 11pm
Primary Purpose of Position
The Line cook is responsible for an assigned station in the hot
or cold kitchen. This entails preparing and the plating of a
variety of meats, vegetables, appetizers and desserts according to
specified menu guides and recipes. Primarily responsible for Hot or
cold line and do prep work for the kitchen. Must be flexible and
able to work in different stations and kitchens and learn the
skills to improve knowledge. Be able to help out with banquet
events, attend live cooking events and help food truck prep if
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the preparation of foods according to established
recipes and menus.
- Cook and prep food with respect to timeliness and attention to
- Ensure leftover food is stored properly.
- Perform kitchen maintenance tasks such as emptying the trash
and washing dishes.
- Test the temperature of food at specified intervals.
- Follow all sanitation guidelines and safety precautions.
- Leave work station in a clean and orderly fashion. All foods
must be covered, labeled, and properly stored.
- Handle equipment, appliances, small wares, supplies, and
- Perform opening & closing procedures.
- Stock and rotate food; alert the Harvest Chef in regard to low
- Work the assigned hot or cold line station, and other stations
- Communicate effectively with co-workers and managers; ensure
efficient and effective communication with front of house
- Employee must be in full uniform when entering the kitchen;
clean and neat appearance
- Distribute and store clean pots, dishes and utensils.
- Clean and sanitize production equipment, work surfaces and
kitchen according to cleaning schedules and procedures.
- Complete knowledge and adherence to kitchen policies and
- Know all safety and emergency procedures.
- Perform any responsible task requested by management.
- Keep management informed of any concerns regarding the kitchen
- Participate in recycling procedures of and properly dispose of
- Understand the importance of cross training for all shifts and
hours of operation.
- Wear gloves when handling food that is 'ready-to-eat'.
- Wear face mask and any other protective equipment according to
- Participate in closing duties, including sweeping and mopping
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Culinary degree preferred
- 2-3 years' experience desired
- Prior use of kitchen equipment, to include knifes, oven,
- Able to read, understand, and produce in a timely manner
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food
- Ability to follow directions and desire to learn
Essential Physical Requirements
- The work is primarily performed in a kitchen environment.
- Employee is exposed to high heat sources, steam, boiling
liquids, sharp knives, electrical equipment and potentially wet
floors. Extreme caution must be exercised when encountered with
- Must be able to stand and walk for the duration of the shift,
up to 12 hours.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, and reach.
- Must be able to frequently lift up to 15lbs and occasionally
lift up to 50lbs.
- Resort Discounts
- Holiday Pay and Sick Pay
- Employee Assistance Program
- Golf playing and practicing Privileges
- Use of Sonnenalp Club fitness facility
- Uniform allowance
- Meal while on duty
This job description is intended to convey information essential
to understanding the scope of the position and it is not intended
to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties,
responsibilities or working conditions associated with the
position. Management may assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time.
Keywords: Sonnenalp Resort of Vail, Vail , Harvest Restaurant Line Cook, Other , Edwards, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!