Sr. Building Maintenance Manager - The Lodge at Vail
Company: Vail Resorts
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers
and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime
to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the
brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and
challenge the status quo. Whether you're looking for seasonal work
or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Job Summary: Maintain all aspects of the property and associated
properties with a strong emphasis on asset maintenance. Train the
engineering staff to be competent with brand standards, guest
service calls, safety and job function. Maintain a work order
system for the property and use the system to measure productivity
and efficiency of the engineering department. Maintain the property
with respect to all applicable Industry, Federal, State and Local
- Direct the daily activities of the department. Plan, organize
and control work, communicate goals, and schedule employees to
ensure proper coverage.
- Communicate and enforce policies, procedures, rules and
- Educate/train associates on emergency procedures and safety
issues to ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws and
regulations for the protection of guests and associates.
- Train associates on brand standard requirements for the
department and set goals to achieve a pass grade on all
- Train associates on guest satisfaction for property and the
department, show how satisfaction is measured, the positives and
negatives for property and corporation and set goals to improve all
guest scores related to department.
- Ensure at the start of every shift, 10 -15 minute meetings are
held to communicate information and train or discuss guest issues,
brand standards, safety, other department issues and to celebrate
- Resolve guest complaints to meet brand standards and guest
satisfaction and maintain a positive guest attitude at all times.
Share guest information to achieve consistent results.
- Ensure monthly department meetings are held for sharing
information and results, update on corporate or hospitality news
and how to improve.
- Oversee the physical operations of the property including
maintenance and repair the interior and exterior of buildings
- Develop and implement a maintenance program (automated or
manual) of all-building, equipment, guest rooms and all other
interiors to meet or exceed brand standards, corporate and or owner
requirements including the training of the engineering staff on the
management of maintenance programs.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization
of all assigned work areas.
- Ensure the achievement of the property (preventative, planned
and schedule) maintenance programs to meet brand standards, Market
Matrix and corporate requirements and property goals.
- Monitor operating budget and control all expenses within all
areas of the department. Report end of period variances as required
by property or corporate.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental
operating budget and capital plans which support the overall
objectives of the property and corporate policies.
- Work with corporate product managers, engineering and/or
outside architects, designers, or others regarding renovations of
structure or equipment change.
- Ensure scope of work for all capital projects, obtain bids
(follow policy for bids) form contractors for same scope of work,
bids should be sealed and delivered to accounting department and
opened at predetermined executive meeting.
- Capital projects contracts should use the standard project
short form document (Corporate legal) as the contract.
- Supervise all capital projects to meet scope of work (quality)
requirement and to ensure timely completion of project within
budget and established future maintenance commitments.
- Purchase all parts, supplies, tools, materials and equipment
related to engineering through direct contact with sales
representatives, vendors, suppliers, agents distributors or any
other in accordance with the accounting procedures for purchasing,
invoicing and payment.
- Inspect or have inspected purchases delivered to assure price,
quality, consistency and warranties.
- Maintain inventory of all parts, equipment and supplies.
- Monitor department productivity and efficiency with automated
system (CMMS, HotSos, other) or manually based on the work order
(WO) system, weekly, biweekly or monthly as required by
- Strong technical skills in HVAC, electrical, mechanical,
plumbing, painting, carpentry, refrigeration and be familiar with
chillers, cooling towers, boilers, water systems, chemical
treatment , pneumatic, landscaping, laundry equipment, controls,
sprinkler system and fire alarm systems are required.
- Implement OSHA, EPA and ADA guidelines and programs. Abide by
all safety rules and regulations per corporate policies State and
- Evaluate on in-house repairs versus subcontractors.
- Contract and supervise waste disposal services and recycling
programs as necessary.
- Conduct 2 - 4 week training program on the required job
functions with criterion expected for new hires.
- Charge condo/apartment owners per agreement or policy for
maintenance or repair work completed following procedures and
guidelines for the property.
- May be responsible for determining the security requirements
necessary to ensure that property/s, associates and guest are
protected and manage the relationship with third party contracted
for such purpose.
- Train the most competent to be successor.
- Any other duties related to property engineering.
- 3-4 years technical school or formal technical training.
- 2-3 years as building manager or chief engineer at a large
resort property or equivalent experience in construction, cruise
ship and other industries.
- 3-4 years supervisory experience.
- Valid driving license.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs.
- Fluent in English.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good administrative skills.
- Dynamic leader.
- Willing to work with changing shift schedules as necessary to
meet business needs.
The budgeted range starts at $80,000 - $97,700 + annual bonus.
Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time
Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees
are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging
to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while
infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you
someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain
exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people
who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver
unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and
unflinching. Join the team at Vail - a place that's Like Nothing on
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other
status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 302504
Keywords: Vail Resorts, Vail , Sr. Building Maintenance Manager - The Lodge at Vail, Other , Vail, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!