Insurance Verification Specialist
Company: Vail Health
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Acts as a liaison between patients, providers, and insurance
companies to ensure appropriate data collection, compliance with
third party payers and federal and state regulations. Obtains
benefits, eligibility and preauthorization, and acts as a financial
counselor when explaining insurance and payment options.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Works closely with physician schedulers and the OR Manager to
ensure accuracy of the schedule, accuracy of data entry and
troubleshoots to obtain any missing information.
- Demonstrates a high working knowledge of managed care contracts
and major third party payers when verifying insurance benefits,
eligibility and prior authorization requirements for scheduled
- Notifies patients of estimated liability and acts as a
financial counselor regarding insurance and payment options.
Ensures compliance with surgery center collections policies.
- Screens patients for Financial Assistance Program eligibility.
Clearly documents insurance details, required payments and any
additional information to assist patient access and
- Coordinates with the physicians office when prior authorization
requirements are not in place.
- Works closely with other departments to ensure that the process
is running as smoothly and efficiently, including timely
notification of add-ons and cancellations. Ensures the patient
access and clinical staff are aware of any potential insurance
- On an as needed basis will assist and back-up other front
office staff positions and may assist with orientation of new
- Demonstrates dedication to customer service such as assistance
with telephone calls, giving directions, and providing general
facility information. Interacts with external and internal parties
with courtesy and sensitivity.
- Actively participates as a collaborative member of the
department team by communicating constructively, identifying
business office and interdepartmental problems, and resolving
- Responsible for coordinating with other staff members and
schedulers when out of the office to ensure insurance activity
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture and Organizational
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- One year healthcare experience required or one year of related
- Medical terminology and working knowledge of surgical equipment
(machines, implants, etc.) helpful.
- Knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT coding desirable.
Bachelors degree preferred with emphasis in business and/or
Location: Vail Health 7122 VAIL VALLEY SURGERY CENTER
Schedule: Full-time (Year Around), Days
Keywords: Vail Health, Vail , Insurance Verification Specialist, Other , Vail, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!