Hotel Executive Chef - Year Round - Full Time
Company: Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Who We Are:Steamboat- Ski Town, U.S.A. is known
as the friendliest mountain destination in the world, thanks to our
western heritage and welcoming staff. We pride ourselves on hiring
the best employees and providing the best experience in the
industry. Our employee satisfaction scores top the charts and we
have employees who choose to work for the resort for 2, 5, 10, 20
plus years. Fair warning, starting a job at Steamboat could lead to
endless fun, lifelong friendships and a rooted sense of
Who Were Looking For:Friendly
folks who want to work at the best summer vacation destination,
play in the outdoors and meet friends from around the world. If you
like to provide incredible guests service with a friendly attitude,
then youre ready to join our team. If youre dream job includes
working in the sunshine, interacting with guests, rewarding work,
rides on a mountain coaster, employee parties and more, then wed
love to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits: Year Round employees at
Steamboat are eligible for medical, dental, vision, legal plan, pet
insurance, PTO and Vacation, Paid Parental Leave, health saving
account with employer contribution as well as the perks and
benefits that all Steamboat employees enjoy. These include a
Steamboat and Alterra Mountain ski pass for you and eligible
dependents, competitive compensation, retail/rental discounts, food
& beverage discounts, industry pro deal discounts, friends & family
discounted tickets subject to restrictions, reservations and/or
blackout dates, 401(k) plan with a generous company match,
(eligibility rules apply), Employee Assistance Program, and a
chance to learn and advance within Steamboat Ski & Resort Corp
The Steamboat Grand is hiring an Executive Chef.
Applicants must have at least 4 years experience in a leadership
role as an Executive Sous Chef or Executive Chef in a professional
kitchen. Cover letter and resume required.
Detailed job description, including responsibilities,
work performed, tools or equipment used, etc.:
- Abide by and ensure all hotel outlets and departments
compliance with established health and safety procedures as well as
department and company policies and procedures
- Plan and develop with Director of Culinary Operations, menus
for hotel outlets, specialty menus, and banquets & catering.
Research, develop, modify and test recipes. Maintain updated and
accurate costing and documentation of all dishes prepared and sold
in the food and beverage operations.
- Manage the day-to-day operations and assignments of the kitchen
staff, comnmunicate goals, and assign/prioritize work. Communicate
and enforce policies and procedures with all staff. Supervision of
kitchen staff in regards to food handling including: rotation and
sanitation. Support Resort Culinary Management team in supervisory
role as manager on duty when necessary.
- Oversee the proper operation and maintenance of all kitchen
equipment at the hotel
- Open and close kitchens according to
schedule/guidelines/assignments; assist in the creation, usage, and
follow through of prep lists, cleaning list, and closing lists
- Supervise and coordinate food, supply, equipment, and inventory
control purchasing for operations. Coordinate food and menu costing
(COGS). Establish procedures and timeframes for conducting
inventory. Determine minimum and maximum stocks for all food,
material, and kitchen equipment.
- Plan staffing needs and work schedules. Work with outlet chefs
on staffing needs and labor control.
- Oversee or directly supervise all food preparation, quantity
and production activities. Ensure that all menu items are prepared
and presented according to established recipes and standards.
- Ensure all staff is properly trained and have the tools and
equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
- Organize stations to create greatest efficiency and keep work
area and kitchen organized and clean at all times. Maintain all
procedures set up in all areas.
- Receive food and properly store in correct and allotted
- Audit portion control and quality on a continual basis
- Meet and exceed all budgetary goals in regards to Cost of Goods
and Labor expense
- Be able to run any kitchen as a relief or in an emergency
- Ensure understanding and compliance with all company policies
and procedures as well as any regulatory requirements
- Support Banquet Team with any needed presence and or
- Attend weekly F & B Manager Meetings.
- Supervise the cleaning and organizing of all walk-in
refrigerators and freezers and other storage areas.
- Other duties, as assigned
Minimum skills, experience, education and ability
required for this job:
- Associates degree in culinary arts or a minimum 4 years
experience as an Executive Chef/Executive Sous chef
- Must have at least 4 years experience in a leadership role as
an Executive Sous Chef or Executive Chef in a professional
- Prior food and beverage kitchen management experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word, as well as Food
- Ability to problem solve in a highly effective manner and
maintain positive relationships with guests and staff, including
management, subordinates and co-workers
- Ability to be a consistent role model for companys Service
- Must be minimum 18 years of age
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to work at a high pace
- Must be able to lift approximately 50 lbs. (i.e. a sack of
potatoes or stacked supplies)
- Ability to communicate clearly in English both written and
- This is a salaried exempt position and is not subject to
- Position requires working weekends and holidays as needed
- Pursuant to county and/or state orders and company
policies, every employee is required to self-monitor for COVID-19
symptoms, practice social distancing, wash hands frequently, wear a
mask per current guidelines, self-report and call in immediately
and stay home if sick and assist with sanitizing and disinfecting
work areas. Employees must follow all resort mitigation plans and
protocols, which can be found posted on resort buildings and on
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end
of the Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation hourly pay range for this
position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range
based on various factors including but not limited to experience,
education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of
production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel.
The range listed is just one component of Steamboat Ski & Resort
Corporations total compensation package for employees. Other
rewards may include short-term and long-term incentives and many
Steamboat area base salary pay range: $52,000 - $90,000 per
Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation is an equal
Keywords: Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation, Vail , Hotel Executive Chef - Year Round - Full Time, Other , Craig, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!