Human Resource Administrator
Company: Sonnenalp Hotel
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The Sonnenalp is looking for a Full-time Year-round Human
Resource Administrator. The typical schedule for this position is
Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4;30pm.
Wage: $18.00 - $21.00, DOE
Primary Purpose of Position
The Human Resources Administrator is the first contact for the
HR office. Responsible for day to day operations and administrative
tasks. Maintain HRIS employee database including processing of new
hires, rehires, transfers, address changes, status changes, tax
withholding changes, etc. Perform general office functions
including file maintenance, employment verifications, answering
phones, assisting employees and applicants with general human
resources questions. Responsible for company communication
including weekly PowerPoint update, company communication boards,
all company emails, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for producing and distributing flyers on company
- Keep all cafeteria bulletin boards and PowerPoint current.
- Maintain the ADP portal homepage, employee Instagram, and
- Manage gym memberships, bus passes, ski passes, uniform and
- Send employee Birthday & Anniversary cards and gift cards.
- Organize nominees and create awards for Employee of the Month &
Manager of the Quarter programs.
- Distribute, exchange, and record Merit Marks.
- Creation and distribution of employee events calendar
- Assist with Employee Engagement & Recognition programs to
include anniversary awards, recognition program administration,
employee events and celebrations
- Community and employee involvement activities and events
- Manage and update PowerPoint and ADP employee portal
- Assist with Wellness points tracking
- Assist with payroll processing.
- Assist employees with any HR related inquiries.
- Open and sort HR mail daily.
- Maintain, organize, and order office supplies; keep forms
- Maintain a list and copies of driver's license for all
employees authorized to operate company vehicles.
- Schedule trips to Social Security office in Glenwood Springs
for new visa employees and coordinate transportation.
- Bi-monthly deposits of any cash or checks collected in HR (ie.
ski pass, Cobra, Elitch Tickets, rents, etc)
- Assist with housing payroll deductions and general housing
- Assist with invoicing and bill payment
- Ensure filing is done on a weekly basis
- Complete special projects as requested by HR Manager.
- Assist other employer and mortgage companies in verifying
employment of past and current employees over the phone.
- Complete all written employment verifications received
according to company policy.
RECRUITMENT & ONBOARDING PROCESS
- Assist with recruiting and onboarding process.
- Greet applicants and answer questions relating to available
- Respond to e-mail and phone inquiries requesting more
- Maintain application/resume files.
- Process background checks as needed and follow up with hiring
- Produce accurate job offers
- Ensure appropriate new hire orientation packets are put
- Assist new hires and rehires in completing electronic
paperwork, getting enrolled in computer programs, and prepare a
file for all new employees.
- Verify I-9 documentation and ensure all onboarding pieces are
- Accurately enter into ADP all new hires, rehires, transfers,
additional rate/dept, performance evaluations, terminations,
address changes, and W-4 changes.
- Maintain a file with completed I-9 for all active employees.
Audit & purge I-9s once a year.
- Provide access to new employees to HotSOS, Clear Company, ADP,
and SonnenalpU, and enroll in timeclock.
- Arrange Colorado Mtn. Express shuttle reservations for
employees as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
- Human Resources Degree or one year minimum HR experience
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills essential;
ability to multi-task
- High degree of confidentiality
- Moderate to advance proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and
Power Point required.
- Strong computer skills required.
- Experience with ADP or other HRIS helpful.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) helpful.
- Work is primarily performed indoors.
- Moderate amount of traffic and phones.
- Sitting, standing, and computer usage around 8 hours a
- Typical schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30
p.m., but may be flexible.
Full-Time Hourly Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Resort Discounts
- Holiday Pay, Paid Time Off and Sick Pay
- 401(k) Retirement Plan & Roth 401(k)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Parking Credit or Discounted Bus Passes
This job description is intended to convey information essential
to understanding the scope of the position and it is not intended
to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties,
responsibilities or working conditions associated with the
position. Management may assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time.
Keywords: Sonnenalp Hotel, Vail , Human Resource Administrator, Other , Vail, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!