Intermediate Cook - Full & Part Time - Summer Seasonal
Company: Vail Resorts
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers
and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime
to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the
brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and
challenge the status quo. Whether you're looking for seasonal work
or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
This individual must demonstrate intermediate cooking and knife
skills in different stations (saut, grill, pizza, garde manger and
expo) and always have a sense of urgency. This candidate will be
responsible for ownership and execution of the designated meal
service, first tracks (breakfast) including and not limited to
deputizing other kitchen crew members and assisting the ware house
team & dish area crew members when needed. We are looking for those
who thrive on the fast paced hum of the kitchen and find the
greatest reward in seeing the joy that an amazing meal provides
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Functions as experienced cook with the ability to manage a
station or multiple stations maintaining expectations for speed and
- Responsible for overall preparation, execution and breakdown of
the designated meal service
- Responsible for preparing adequate mise en place for current
and upcoming days.
- Capable of teaching others to use all kitchen equipment,
processes and procedures
- Communicates with supervisor regarding volume levels and team
- Assists in the control of food and labor costs by eliminating
waste and over production
- Makes recommendations for adjusting pars
- Produces small to large batch goods using advanced and full
range of classical cooking techniques
- May select recipes per menu cycle, prepare bakery items,
receive inventory and prepare meals for customers requiring special
- Intermediate to advanced knife skills
- Able to explain ingredients in the menu and preparation
- Able to read, interpret, demonstrate culinary fundamentals with
sound knowledge of food handling procedures and food
- Able to work most positions on the culinary line (garde manger,
pizza, basic saute, basic grill, fry station, pastry plating)
- Has 2-3 years of prior experience in a professional
- Conducts regular prep and finished dish tasting to ensure
consistency in quality, taste and presentation.
- Applies a variety of culinary techniques and practices
- Maintains stock levels throughout day
- May be responsible for training employees
- Applies Vail Mountain Dining Standards for speed and
- Participates in and occasionally supervise kitchen duties to
ensure smooth operations
- Ensures all coolers, freezers and walk-ins are maintained to
the company's, local health inspector's food safety standards and
HACCP standards, including daily logging of refrigerator and
- Responsible for cleaning up your station and ensuring the
kitchen - floors, shelves, walk in coolers, walk in freezers, reach
ins, low boys, recycle area, loading dock and store room areas are
closed down up to standards every day prior to departing for the
day upon checking out with the sous chef.
- Date all food products containers and rotate as per FIFO,
making sure that all perishables are kept at proper
- Ability to wash dishes and jump into the dish area and/or 3
compartment sink when needed.
- One year minimum line cooking experience in a fine dining and
high volume establishment.
- Must possess the following key essential qualities -
adaptability, flexibility, positive attitude, even temperament and
a keen eye for detail.
- Must be highly organized and always have a sense of
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to lift 40+ lbs.
- Ability to speak read and write in English.
- Ability to work standing for 8+ hours.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Flexibility in scheduling, ability to long hours, work weekends
and holidays including: Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, December 23rd
to January 4th, President's Day Weekend and other holidays as
- Formal Culinary Training - preferred.
- ServeSafe or Food Handler's certification (or be able to
attain) - required
- High Volume Fine Dining Experience - preferred
The budgeted range starts at 13.25. Actual pay will be adjusted
based on experience.
The perks and benefits include
- Free ski passes for employees
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Accrued Sick Time
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food (including $5 meals), gear, and
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Excellent training & professional development
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (only available once
eligible employees work 750 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
One Job - Double the Benefits. Working for the Marriott at Vail
gives you access to the phenomenal mountain town that is Vail, CO
and all the perks that come with being a Vail Resorts Employee
(Free Ski Pass, discounted lodging at all Vail properties,
discounts on retail items and FB locations). Not only that, but
take advantage of the Marriott team member benefits (discounted
room rates at all Marriott's nation-wide) to truly get the most out
of your hospitality experience. Come join our team of incredible
people with passion for customer service and making sure everyone
checking in feels like they are home.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other
status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 304128
Keywords: Vail Resorts, Vail , Intermediate Cook - Full & Part Time - Summer Seasonal, Other , Vail, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!