Director of Finance I Resort Operations
Company: Marriott Vacations Worldwide
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others'
vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world
premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at
destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver
unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Relocation Benefits Available
The Director of Finance and Accounting, (DOF), Resort Operations
(Ops) is a pro-active and trusted business leader who provides
financial and accounting expertise to Resort Operations on-site
leaders to make timely and informed business decisions, optimize
business value, and manage financial risk. Responsible for
financial compliance and adherence of the management agreement with
the nonprofit property owners' association, as well as, financial
and accounting reporting and analysis of the on-site ancillary
Develop, implement and support the delivery of financial products
and services to meet the needs of the organization. Ensures
compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP),
corporate policies and standards e.g., MVW-66 and Sarbanes Oxley.
Oversees day to day operations by providing leadership, guidance
and support to the sites Finance & Accounting (F&A) team by
directing, planning, managing and executing against deliverables in
a timely fashion. The four core work activities include, but not
limited to, leading a team of on-site F&A professionals,
business partnering with various stakeholders to execute and meet
financial objectives, financial statement review and analysis, and
implementation and compliance of accounting controls.
Education and Experience
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting preferred, or
related major; 4-6 years related work experience in finance and
- High School Diploma/GED and equivalent work experience
Strategic Planning & Business Partnerships:
Accounting, Financial Systems & Controls:
- Utilize effective relationship building skills with a broad
range of business partners to gain trust, positively impact
decision outcomes, and mitigate risk to the organization.
Stakeholders include, but not limited to, property owners'
association Board of Directors, corporate and regional F&A
executives, corporate and regional Resort Operations executives,
on-site leaders and associates, internal and external auditors,
corporate tax, and third-party vendors.
- Make quality business decisions that thoughtfully weigh the
facts and understand the interests of stakeholders involved
- Drive comprehensive annual business plans for property owners'
association and on-site ancillary operations, including action
plans to meet financial objectives
- Manage cash flow and profit forecasts that facilitate timely
adjustments to the business by stakeholders
Managing & Leading:
- Responsible for providing direction and ensuring the integrity
of the financial reporting and accounting operations through a
strong internal controls environment, including the compliance to
company standards and policies, General Accepted Accounting
Principles, and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Provide oversight to audit processes by conducting property
level self-assessments and assisting with internal, tax, and
- Prepare data and information to auditors for annual property
owners' association external audit, including clear and concise
variance explanations demonstrating a thorough understanding of the
- Knowledge of property owners' association governing documents
and state statutes and rules as it relates to association financial
Financial Planning & Analysis:
- Motivate, coach, train, and recruit a team of on-site F&A
- Provide hands-on, real time accounting and financial analysis
expertise to Resort Operations on-site leaders and property owners'
association Board of Directors
- Develop F&A goals that are fully aligned with
organizational goals and effectively lead change to support company
- Train non-financial Resort Operations on-site leaders as
appropriate in order to enhance business understanding
- Working with others to identify and remove barriers to
- Provide analytical support during budget reviews and capital
planning to identify cost savings and productivity
- Provide on-going analytical support by monitoring actual
financial results against previously projected revenues and
expenses, provide variance explanations, and plans for profit
- Review and analyze balance sheet reconciliations for
completeness and accuracy, providing solutions and guidance for
- Direct and continually improve the financial reporting process,
including analyzing job tasks and structure to maintain controls,
transparency, efficiency and effectiveness
- Manage special projects as directed by the business needs
- Adaptability - Determines how change impacts self and others;
displays flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates both
the reasons for change and how it impacts the workplace.
- Communication - Customizes approach to conveying complex
information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging
manner; appropriately interprets verbal and non-verbal behavior;
and models active listening to ensure understanding.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Models and coaches others
on breaking complex issues into manageable parts, identifying and
evaluating alternatives and their implications before making
decisions, and involving and gaining agreement from others when
making key decisions.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey
confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first
impression and represents the company in alignment with its
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Leads and participates as
a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of common
goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for
self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives;
initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others
toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes
beyond what is required
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources
required to set a plan of action for self and/or others;
prioritizes and arranges work requirements for self and/or others
to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that
builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of
organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships
based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent
with the company's service standards
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with
diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural
perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement
and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the
opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure
of team assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or
support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help
individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to
accomplish work objectives.
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning
opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information
to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to
approach team, business, and administrative challenges.
- Management of Capital Resources - Determines the
appropriate allocation of money used to accomplish work goals, and
submits expenses according to guidelines; appropriately utilizes
and maintains equipment, facilities, and materials needed to
perform work activities.
- Purchasing and Materials Management - Knowledge of
practices and procedures needed to maintain material, equipment and
supplies; including vendor identification and contract negotiation,
supply requisition and purchasing, inventory control, and when
appropriate identification of environmentally-appropriate
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and
methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services.
This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product
demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional
skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and
manage everyday business operations and generate innovative
solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Economics and Accounting - Knowledge of P&L statements,
operating budgets, forecasting and scheduling, and the reporting of
- Auditing and Reconciliation - The ability to recognize,
research, and resolve discrepancies in financial data, and create
flow charts on main accounting and control cycles (A/R, AP, Cash)
to facilitate understanding of key control points.
- ..... click apply for full job
Keywords: Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Vail , Director of Finance I Resort Operations, Other , Vail, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!