Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers
and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime
to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the
brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and
challenge the status quo. Whether you're looking for seasonal work
or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The Greeter/Scanner, as a part of the Sales & Services
department, is responsible for (including but not limited to)
creating a warm and welcoming first impression to our guests by
greeting them in our various ticket, pass, and activity sales
locations and scanning all lift access and activity passes at our
Gondolas. The position requires providing information, directions,
and product knowledge while offering expert advice regarding town
and resort services and sharing regional highlights. Follow
company/department policies & procedures while interacting with a
high volume of guests and effectively managing the queue (line).
The Greeter must pay attention to detail of the operation while
being an independent problem solver, ensuring each guest's needs
are met appropriately. Part time and full time positions
This position can be located at any of our Ticket, Gondolas, or
activity sales locations. Locations primarily sell scenic ride/bike
haul tickets, activity passes, and season passes. The greeter will
also assist with guest service and general information about Vail.
Candidates should have the ability to retain a significant amount
of information and be able to stand outside in high alpine weather
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Proficient in English language
- Previous work experience in Guest Services
- Comfortable working in fast pace work environment.
- Comfortable working outside for extended period of time.
- Comfortable standing for long periods of time.
- Willing to commit to a work schedule which includes working
weekends and holidays.
- Lead team efforts in capturing/tracking line wait data in
location and utilize to improve location's GX scores.
- Willing to make seasonal commitment through the end of the
- In person interview preferred.
The budgeted range starts at $12.32. Actual pay will be adjusted
based on experience.
The perks and benefits include
- Free ski passes for employees
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Accrued Sick Time
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food (including $5 meals), gear, and
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Excellent training & professional development
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (only available once
eligible employees work 750 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging
to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while
infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you
someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain
exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people
who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver
unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and
unflinching. Join the team at Vail - a place that's Like Nothing on
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other
status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 307047