Training and Development Manager
Company: Sonnenalp Resort of Vail
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The Sonnenalp Hotel is looking for a Full-Time Year-Round
Training and Development Manager.
Wage: $60,000-75,000, plus 10% bonus potential
Typical Schedule: 8a-5p Mon through Fri, with some weekends,
holidays and evenings expected. Most work is performed at the
hotel; however, regular hours are expected at the club during the
Primary Purpose of Position
The Training & Development Manager will champion the enhancement
of Sonnenalps culture and values by designing and implementing
training, onboarding and development strategies and programs
focused on motivating, engaging, and educating a committed and high
performing workforce. This position will lead change through
effective collaboration with department managers at both the Hotel
and Club; establish and align training curriculum, and guide
succession planning. This role is the company Quality Assurance
Manager; takes a hands-on ownership approach to ensuring quality
standards are upheld throughout the property through LHW training
initiatives and regular follow up. Maintains a regular presence in
all operational outlets in order to observe and hold department
managers accountable to service excellence standards. Responsible
for developing our leadership and providing them with the knowledge
and skills to reach their full potential to ensure the Sonnenalp
can continue to succeed and grow.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
TRAINING/ QUALITY ASSURANCE
- Manages and oversees Talent Management Program to include
identifying high potential employees, developing personal
development plans, and managing company-wide succession plan.
- Monitors and tracks changes and measures results of 9-box
models, succession snapshots, and development discussions.
- Holds managers accountable to updating succession plans
regularly and meeting with employees on their development
- Trains managers on the effective use of employee Growth &
Development Plans (GDP); guides department managers in creating
meaningful GDPs, provides resources and funding appropriate to the
plan. Monitors and measures success of programs.
- Provides managers with resources to develop employees, to
include but not limited to LMS training classes, continued
education courses, mentoring and shadowing assignments.
- Drives employee development through proactive meetings with
high potential employees and their managers, discuss career growth,
development goals and progress on GDPs.
- Meet regularly with Department Heads to develop and review
Action Plans and GDPs.
- Manages mentor program, to include identification of
mentors/mentees, training of mentors and assignment of mentors and
- Creates and develops effective measurements to ensure
management compliance and effectiveness of all development
programs, to include succession, GDPs, Mentor program.
- Reviews performance evaluations to ensure consistency with
development initiatives and performance.
- A Bachelors degree required; preferably in Hospitality and
- Minimum of two years in operations of a luxury hotel.
- Minimum of one year in a hotel Food & Beverage operation.
- Minimum one year management in hospitality.
- Minimum two years of training or teaching experience utilizing
adult learning methodologies.
- Proven success in creating development plans and organizational
structure/succession plans required.
- Strong, dynamic leader; able to influence other managers and
- Strong conflict management/confrontation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including
public speaking required.
- Strong organizational and time management skills required.
- Advanced computer skills required (MS Office, Prezi, etc.)
- Bi-lingual (Spanish-English) preferred.
- Demonstrated organization, planning and time management
- Proven attention to detail.
- High degree of initiative and creativity.
- Proven ability to cooperate with others and work effectively in
- May require pre-employment training audition/ panel
Essential Physical Requirements
- Work is primarily performed indoors.
- High degree of interaction with all levels of staff.
- Ability to stand and walk for full length of shift, up to 12
hours at one time
- Able to perform various activities such as constant standing,
walking, sitting, talking and hearing
- Routinely handle objects weighing up to 10 lbs and on occasion
may be expected to lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Resort Discounts
- Holiday PayPaid Time Off and Sick Pay
- 401(k) Retirement Plan & Roth 401(k)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Parking Credit or Discounted Bus Passes
- "Healthy Lifestyle Winter Benefit"
- Monthly House Account
- It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a
positive work environment through cooperative and professional
interactions with co-workers, guests and vendors.
This job description is intended to convey information essential
to understanding the scope of the position and it is not intended
to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties,
responsibilities or working conditions associated with the
position. Management may assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time.
Keywords: Sonnenalp Resort of Vail, Vail , Training and Development Manager, Other , Vail, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!