Meter Services Supervisor
Company: Eagle River Water & Sanitation District
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Our Meter Services Technicians are often the first point of
connection for the districts interactions with its customers and
serves as the frontline connection to the community. Not everyone
knows our operations but every community member knows our monthly
bills- an accurate meter read and a friendly face play a huge role
in whether or not our customers have a positive experience. We are
looking for a dedicated and professional Meter Services Supervisor
to join our team and continue to shape the strong community
connections we have developed and continue to implement, maintain,
and continuously improve our advanced metering infrastructure
This role will be responsible for supervising the meter services
program which includes reading, installing, inspecting, and testing
water meters, fire hydrant meters, and radio transmission and
advanced metering infrastructure equipment as well as supervising a
talented and dedicated team of meter technicians. The ideal
candidate for this role is a proven leader of people and
implementer of systems.
Why work for us? The work you will do as a Meter Services
Supervisor will take our program to the next level my improving
efficiency, ensuring continued accuracy, and providing excellent
service to our customers and community. Not to mention our
excellent health benefits, housing program, and opportunities for
training and development.
The Day to Day:
- LEADERSHIP: Plans, organizes, and supervises all aspects of the
Meter Services Division. Directly supervises Meter Services
Coordinator and Meter Technicians. Trains team members. Trains
on-call staff in the operation of meter reading, maintenance, and
equipment as needed. Obtains and maintains required certifications,
including backflow, distribution, and collections.
- RELATIONSHIPS: Acts as liaison between the Meter Services
Division and the Field Operations Department, the Water Department,
and the Customer Service Department for all matters related to
meter installation, reading, and system maintenance. Participates
on the Construction Review and Non-Revenue Water committees.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Interacts with customers regarding meter
readings, construction, delinquent accounts, backflow assembly
compliance status, and other issues and inquiries.
- METER SERVICES AND MAINTENANCE: Conducts/oversees meter reading
(AMR/AMI). Coordinates reading schedules and routes. Keeps the
meter reading system up to date. Establishes meter reading routes
in accordance with changing conditions to distribute reading
workload. Performs/supervises reading, repair, testing, and
inspection of meters for new construction installs and existing
meter assemblies, fire hydrant meters. Responsible for curb stop
locating and exercising, service line inspection and material
verification, and record keeping. Identifies tampering and illegal
taps or meter hookups through inspection and follows up with
enforcement. Installs, repairs, tests, and assembles meters.
Inspects water lines, PRV's and valves. Provides oversight and
management of meter reading hardware and software. Keeps updated
records of meter maintenance.
- SCHEDULING: Develops departmental procedures and policies
regarding meter maintenance. Provides oversight and management of
meter reading hardware and software. Keeps updated records of meter
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND PROCESS IMPROVEMENT: Oversees conversion
and maintenance of the Districts AMI system, including managing
infrastructure projects. Seeks effective ways and technologies to
reduce read times and increase use of CIS, meter system analytics,
and other internal software programs. Continuously improve and
refine program by utilizing new technologies and applying new
- BUDGETING: Maintains meter inventory and orders equipment.
- DATA ANALYSIS AND TRACKING: Reviews consumption reports monthly
for zero reads, high consumption. Performs trouble shooting of
data. Provides oversight and management of meter reading hardware
and software. Keeps updated records of meter maintenance.
- TEAMWORK: Develops departmental procedures and policies
regarding meter maintenance and backflow program. Coordinates with
Meter Services Coordinator on scheduling appointments and other
activities based on customer needs. Supports the Customer Service
department and assists with utility billing. Responds to on-call
duties and supports Field Operations Department with after hour
- SAFETY: In partnership with Safety Coordinator, ensure safety
in all aspects of Meter Services while modeling district safety
culture. This includes staying up to date on safety training,
certification, holding staff accountable for use of all safety
equipment and procedures, and use of PPE. Required to follow all
District safety and security policies and wear Personal Protective
Equipment as required by the job duties.
The Big Picture:
- This position will support and be part of a highly productive
team committed to providing efficient, reliable water and
wastewater service to its customers from East Vail to Wolcott.
- Bachelors or Associates Degree plus a minimum of 3 years
related experience and/or training required; or equivalent
combination of education and experience. Preferred field of study
or emphasis in engineering, construction management, environmental
science, or related field.
- Requires a working knowledge of specialized practices,
equipment and procedures related to water and wastewater utility
services (plumbing, fire suppression systems, inspection work are
relevant to this role).
- Backflow knowledge helpful.
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain, within a set
timeframe, a Colorado Water Distribution Technician IV and
Wastewater Collection Technician IV Certification.
- A strong candidate for this role has demonstrated
implementation, problem solving, and project management
- Proven communication (both verbal and written) required. This
role will work directly with our customers, including hotels,
resorts, and engineering teams to explain clearly and confidently
our processes and procedures for efficient metering services.
- Public speaking or presentation skills helpful.
- Must be results oriented with a strong commitment to customer
- Research, data analysis and math skills are required.
- This role will spend a lot of time working with a computer so
proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, is
- Strong experience in Cloud Based Technology and software
management and integration preferred.
- Must have the ability to maintain a high level of
- Knowledge of local area preferred.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills are
essential to the role as well as an ability to manage a large
variety of tasks and deadlines in a positive and productive
- Must possess a valid Colorado Driver's license within 30 days
of full-time employment and be insurable under District's
- Must obtain CPR/First Aid Certification within the first six
(6) months of employment.
The pay range for this role is $29.74 - $44.61/hr. Starting
range depends on qualifications but generally falls within the
minimum and midpoint of the pay range.
All District employees must submit to a pre-employment drug
screen and extensive background check.
For a full job description, email firstname.lastname@example.org (including
physical requirements and description of work environment) or for
any additional questions.
All applicants must apply online in order to be considered.
Keywords: Eagle River Water & Sanitation District, Vail , Meter Services Supervisor, Other , Vail, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!