Company: The Little Nell
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The city of Aspen at our front door, Aspen
Mountain at our back door. And in between, a gathering place for
the free-spirited. We're proud of our 5 Stars and 5 Diamonds --
hospitality is our passion. From our kitchens to our cellars, with
their 20,000 bottles of wine, from the Concierges in our lobby to
the Concierges on our mountains, and from family adventure to aprs
ski, this hotel is, guests have said, "the Aspen of Aspen."
Provides timely and accurate service to potential
guests making reservation inquiries for the Limelight Aspen,
Limelight Ketchum, Limelight Snowmass, The Little Nell and
Residences at The Little Nell. Serve as highly motivated team
member ensuring guest inquiries and sale leads are answered in
appropriate fashion for the department as a whole.
Essential Functions Of The Job
- Answer inbound guest calls providing expert advice and
exemplary guest service.
- Demonstrate a highly professional manner and provide the
highest quality of guest service.
- Assist in completing the daily functions of the reservation's
office based on workload and business volumes.
- Use available resources to research various reservation
situations and guest issues.
- Qualify callers by asking questions regarding the desires they
have for their lodging.
- Close the caller by asking for the booking at the appropriate
moment in the call, or obtain the caller's name, address, and phone
number for follow-up efforts.
- Close sales and communicate guest needs to elevate guest
experience beyond expectation.
- Email confirmations and information regarding reservations
made, or information requested.
- Respond to all inquiries (email or phone message) within 24
- Maximize occupancy by monitoring availability and placing new
reservations adjacent to existing reservations.
- Achieve and maintain Forbes 5 Star; 5 Diamond reservation
- Report to shift on time. Successfully manage time clock entries
per department schedule.
- Attend meetings as required and take notes as needed.
- Complete tasks and projects delegated by management and assist
other departments as business volumes and staff levels
To perform the job successfully,
an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Additional Job Duties
- Problem solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops
- Customer service - Responds promptly to customer needs;
Responds to requests for service and assistance; Takes ownership of
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in
positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification;
Responds well to questions.
- Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacle;
Measures self against standard of excellence;
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for
ways to improve and promote quality.
- Make Manager aware of guest's comments and complaints.
- Report to work in a neatly groomed and acceptable manner as
outlined in the employee handbook.
- Report to shift on time.
- Comply with all policies and procedures for the Reservation
Department, The Little Nell, and the Aspen Skiing Company.
- Is familiar with hotel fire and safety procedures. Assist in
emergency and security procedures as directed by management.
- Complete tasks and projects delegated by your supervisor and
assist other departments as business volumes and staff level
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Two-year college degree preferred.
- Ability to create an environment of trust.
- Ability to multi task, prioritize & delegate.
- Ability to remain calm and think clearly and logically under
- Competent with computer programs such as Microsoft Office.
- Phone sales experience a plus.
- Previous hotel reservation experience preferred.
Supervision given and received
position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Received: Works under direct supervision of the Director of
Reservations. Tasks are assigned according to specific procedures,
and work is checked frequently. Instruction, advice and assistance
are readily available.
Work Environment and physical demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Ability to stand, type and sit at desk/computer for most of the
work shift executing repetitive movements.
- No adverse or hazardous conditions.
- Not required, but preferred to be able to occasionally lift,
push or pull 25 lbs. individually or with assistance.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and
level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a
comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties
and responsibilities may change at any time with or without
Aspen Skiing Company / The Little Nell / Limelight Hotel is an
equal opportunity employer.
For an overview of Aspen Skiing Company's benefits and other
compensation visit aspensnowmass.com/jobs/benefits
Keywords: The Little Nell, Vail , Reservation Agent, Other , Avon, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!