Sommelier - The 10th - Full & Part Time - Winter Seasonal
Company: Vail Resorts
Posted on: December 4, 2019
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes
boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious
and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team.
Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to
deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's--most
innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience
with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.--------The 10th,
Vail's critically acclaimed on-mountain fine-dining restaurant is
looking for a SOMMELIER to join our outstanding restaurant staff.
The 10th serves lunch daily and is located at the top of Gondola
One at Mid-Vail, The 10th is accessed either by ski-in and ski-out
during the day or via--Vail's brand new high tech Gondola One.--
Modern. Alpine. Inspired.-- The 10th redefines classic alpine
cuisine and elevates service to new standards in Vail.----Sommelier
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):--
- Design, organize, develop & maintain the entirety of the--wine
program at The 10th keeping COGS in line with the historical and
- Work closely with Fine Dining General Manager and Strategic
Alliance partners to make wine list selections that support
partners and resonate with the overall scope of the wine program at
- Must have explicit knowledge of all alcoholic beverages offered
at The 10th, specifically regarding all wines represented on the
- Must have explicit knowledge of all restaurant food menus and
item preparation to develop a wine program that works synonymously
with the culinary programs, specifically wine pairings for all menu
- Actively work on the floor selling wine to guests, guiding
guests through the wine list, and making recommendations based on
guest preferences and menu selections, while maintaining a
professional approach regarding price sensitivity.
- Maintain stock of wines with inventory pars in mind, rotate new
stock with old, and maintain wine store room and restaurant
- Maintain and adjust/reprint wine and beverage menus on a
regular basis to reflect changes in stock and new or removed menu
- Work with Bar Manager to place orders and manage daily
restaurant alcoholic beverage pars to ensure product is amply
stocked and available.
- Conduct and manage monthly alcohol inventories for The
- Develop and conduct regular and on-going training programs with
staff to raise the level of wine education amongst servers and
- Participate in financial meetings to understand COGS,
sales--history, budgets and forecasts.
- Work in tandem with Bar Manager to develop a--greater product
knowledge, while empowering him/her to conduct staff trainings
consistent with the overall program, and holding him/her
accountable for participating in menu updates, product rotation,
placing orders, storing orders, and keeping the wine room tidy and
guest-presentable at all times.
- Assist daily with all managerial components of restaurant
operations, setting the example for all other staff for
professional conduct, exceptional service standards, menu
knowledge, wine and beverage education, and overall service
- Understand completely all Vail Resorts and The 10th-specific
policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive,
friendly and courteous service at all times.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality,
appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through
training of employees and creating a positive, productive working
- Responsible for all forms of cash handling throughout
restaurant including register drawers, safe, deposits, change
orders, and daily cash reconciliation.
- Make employment and termination--recommendations consistent
with General Manager guidelines for approval or review.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and
- Continually strive to develop--staff in all areas
of--restaurant and professional development.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent
working condition through personal inspection and by following the
restaurant's preventative maintenance programs.
- Ensure that all products are received in correct unit count and
condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the
restaurant's receiving policies and procedures.
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and
administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any
and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and
municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor
requirements of the restaurant, employees and
- High school diploma or equivalent ---required.
- Must be able to lift and carry 40+ lbs ---required.
- Minimum--5 years of restaurant experience with at least two
years in fine dining ---required.
- Minimum of--1-2 years of restaurant supervisory or
managerial--experience of a staff of 15+ people ---required.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of beverage program design, wine list
- Have attained a minimum of--an Introductory--Sommelier with the
Court of Master Sommeliers or equivalent certification
- Have attained Certified Sommelier with Court of Master
- Must be fluent in English ---required.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays ---required.
- Must have excellent leadership, problem-solving and
- Must be aware of safety and sanitation guidelines
- Most possess or be able to obtain TIPS certification within 30
days of hire ---required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent ---preferred.--
- Experience in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment
- Must be available to work holidays including: Thanksgiving,
Christmas Day, December 26th through January 2nd, Presidents' Day
Weekend, and any other holidays as requested -required.
- ServSafe or Food Handler's Card (or ability to obtain)
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents--
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family--
- Free ski lessons--
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles--
- Discounted bike haul & golf--
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)--
- 401(k) Retirement Plan--
- Excellent training and professional development------Be a part
of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team
that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the
mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never
settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next
level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on
extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled
adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the
team at Vail - a place that's Like Nothing on Earth. Vail Resorts
is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status
protected by applicable law.Requisition ID 177434
Keywords: Vail Resorts, Vail , Sommelier - The 10th - Full & Part Time - Winter Seasonal, Other , Vail, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!