Advanced Cook - Housing Available! - Wildwood - Full & Part Time - Winter Seasonal
Company: Vail Resorts
Posted on: February 3, 2020
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes
boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious
and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team.
Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to
deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's--most
innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience
with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.--------We are
seeking an experienced Advanced Cook to supervise food preparation
and production and to perform a variety of kitchen management
functions, including ordering, inventory control, and assistance in
menu planning.-- Our training provides the opportunity for
professional advancement for folks with a passion for the culinary
profession and our amazing resort.--Responsibilities include, but
are not limited to:
- Functions as experienced cook with the ability to manage a
station or multiple stations maintaining expectations for speed and
- Oversight of Entry Cooks or Cook I's in a FSR or several in a
QSR environment.-- Capable of teaching others to use all kitchen
equipment, processes and procedures
- Maintains an organized and efficient flow of production with
regards to changes in forecasts and menus
- Produces small to large batch goods using advanced and full
range of classical cooking techniques
- Demonstrates proficiency in all areas of the kitchen including
stations, menu/ingredients, equipment operation, safety &
sanitation and daily operations.
- Prepare food items in accordance with the station guide recipes
including portion control and presentation
- Gathers and portion items ensuring that they are of high
quality and serves to guests
- Maintain sanitation, health and safety standards in work areas
including but not limited to temperature checks, wearing gloves and
proper utilization of sanitation buckets
- Responsible for breaking down workstation, cooling food where
necessary in accordance with cooling guidelines and storing in
accordance with proper storage and labelling guidelines
- Understands and can demonstrate proficiency operating cooking
equipment such as fryers, pizza oven, kettles, grills, steamers,
robot coupe, immersion mixers and slicers--
- Coaches team members immediately and professionally to minimize
deficiencies and provide encouragement and recognizes team members
for successful contributions
- Checks outlet(s) upon arrival and prior to leaving to determine
status of outstanding safety or equipment issues and communicates
any concerns to supervisor
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and
- Continually demonstrate a high level of guest service
- Ability to speak, read and communicate English.
- Ability to maintain a positive work ethic.
- Ability to work as a productive part of a team.
- Ability to carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for up to 6-8 hours at a time.
- Demonstrates excellent guest service skills.
- Able to work weekends and holidays.
- Able to obtain a Food Handlers Card within 30 days of
- Previous cooking experience- preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of sanitation-preferred but not required--Benefits
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development--Be a part of
the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that
delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the
mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never
settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next
level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on
extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled
adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the
team at Vail - a place that's Like Nothing on Earth. Vail Resorts
is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status
protected by applicable law.Requisition ID 193149
Keywords: Vail Resorts, Vail , Advanced Cook - Housing Available! - Wildwood - Full & Part Time - Winter Seasonal, Hospitality & Tourism , Vail, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!