Advanced Pastry Cook - The 10th (Fine Dining) - Winter Seaso
Company: Vail Resorts
Posted on: November 4, 2019
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes
boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious
and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team.
Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to
deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's--most
innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience
with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.--------The 10th,
Vail's critically acclaimed on-mountain fine-dining restaurant is
looking for an ADVANCED PASTRY COOK to join our outstanding
restaurant staff. The 10th serves an upscale sit-down lunch daily,
complete with a boot room for guests to enjoy slippers while they
dine! --Located at the top of Gondola One at Mid-Vail, The 10th is
accessed either by ski-in and ski-out during the day or via--Vail's
brand new high tech Gondola One.-- Modern. Alpine. Inspired.-- The
10th redefines classic alpine cuisine and elevates service to new
standards in Vail.--The Advanced Pastry Cook is responsible for
preparation of all pastry (Plated desserts, banquet desserts,
pastry creams, mousses, souffl--s, chocolate garnishes, petite
fours and other confections)--needs for the service, line, events
and special requests.Additional responsibilities--include, but are
not limited to:
- Responsible for planning, organizing, production and
- Coordinate with Supervisors, Sous Chefs, and Lead Warehouse
Clerk daily to organize timely meal requirements ensuring
consistency in quality, taste and presentation
- Ensure all coolers, freezers and walk-ins are maintained at the
company's and health inspector's food safety standards and HAACP
standards including the daily logging of refrigerator and freezer
- Follow and enforce kitchen safety regulations. In particular,
100% compliance of the cut glove policy
- Execute special requests/first tracks
breakfasts/groups/weddings/buy-out events needs as per banquet
- Help other departments when need arises
- Punctuality is a must.
- Attend all trainings and classes as assigned or advised by
- Other duties as assigned by your Supervisor or Senior
- Three Year minimum prior pastry experience in a fine dining and
high volume establishment - required.
- High Altitude pastry experience - preferred
- Must possess the following key essential qualities -
adaptability, flexibility, positive attitude, even temperament and
a keen eye for detail - required
- Must be highly organized and always have a sense of urgency -
- High school diploma or equivalent - required.
- Must be able to lift 40+ lbs - required.
- Fluent in English - required.
- Ability to work standing for 8+ hours - required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older - required.
- Flexibility in scheduling, ability to work long hours, work
weekends and holidays including: Thanksgiving, Christmas Day,
December 23rd to January 4th, President's Day Weekend and other
holidays as requested - required.
- Formal Culinary Training - preferred.
- ServeSafe or Food Handler's certification (or be able to
- Progressive experience working in a kitchen with an emphasis in
high volume fine dining - preferred.--Be a part of the resort where
it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life
of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in
every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second
best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a
passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer
service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place
that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail - a place
that's Like Nothing on Earth. Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity
employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected
veteran status or any other status protected by applicable
law.Requisition ID 177420
Keywords: Vail Resorts, Vail , Advanced Pastry Cook - The 10th (Fine Dining) - Winter Seaso, Hospitality & Tourism , Vail, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!