Dishwasher - The 10th - FT or PT - Summer Seasonal - Vail Mountain
Company: Vail Resorts
Posted on: July 3, 2019
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes
boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious
and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team.
Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to
deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most
innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience
with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak. The 10th, Vail's
critically acclaimed on-mountain fine-dining restaurant is looking
for a DISHWASHER to join our outstanding restaurant staff. The 10th
serves an upscale sit-down lunch, as well as executes high end
private events. Located at the top of Gondola One at Mid-Vail, The
10th is accessed via Vail's high tech Gondola One. Modern. Alpine.
Inspired. The 10th redefines classic alpine cuisine and elevates
service to new standards in Vail. This position has a regular
schedule of Thursday - Sunday, and availability to work these days
for daytime and/or evening shifts is required.Individuals in this
position will be responsible for operation and execution of the
dish pit area, regularly setting up, cleaning and breakdown of high
temperature dishwashing machine and a 3 compartment sink, dry
chemical closet space, janitorial areas, up keep of employee locker
room, employee uniform area, food receiving and recycle area and
back storage room. The dishwasher is responsible for keeping the
dish pit area clean at all times, ensuring plates, platters, china,
chafers, serving equipment, silverware, glassware are stacked
correctly to be rinsed, washed and passed through the machine and
put back in their right spots when clean, and must constantly work
with a sense of urgency.Responsibilities include, but are not
- Responsible for cleanliness and upkeep of dish room area, pot
sinks, front and back line kitchens, pastry kitchen, loading dock
and employee bathrooms.
- Demonstrate the ability to work at a very quick pace in a hot
and humid environment.
- Keep up to date with the cleaning schedule as advised by Senior
- Ensure the kitchen, line and restaurant floor have the right
amount of pots, pans, utensils, china, glassware and silverware at
all times during operation hours.
- Demonstrate ability to set up and breakdown a three compartment
- Take daily temperature of the final rinse cycle of the machine
and maintain the log.
- Pick up and replenish used pots and pans from the line during
- Stock and maintain all the janitorial storage supplies.
- Ensure all hand wash stations in the kitchen and bathrooms are
stocked with towels, hand wash soap and sanitizer.
- Assist in garbage removal from the kitchen and breaking down of
food storage bins.
- Sweep, brush, squeeze and mop floor regularly to avoid slips
- Ensure the kitchen mats and drains are cleaned daily after
- Always use personal protective equipment while working - mainly
protective gloves when using a metal scrubby.
- Clean out the dish machine regularly during service and de-lime
the machine frequently.
- Attend all trainings and classes as assigned or advised by
- Other duties as assigned by your Supervisor or Senior
- General awareness of working in a professional kitchen and in a
dish area - preferred.
- Prior Dishwashing experience in a fast paced professional
kitchen - preferred.
- Must possess the following key essential qualities -
adaptability, flexibility, positive attitude, even temperament and
a keen eye for detail - required.
- Must be able to lift 40+ lbs - required.
- Fluent in English - required.
- Ability to work standing for 8+ hours - required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older - required.
- Flexibility in scheduling, ability to work long hours, weekends
and holidays including: Fourth of July Weekend and Labor Day
Weekend. - required.
- In-person or Skype Interview - requiredLearn More About:The
10th: Vail Mountain Dining: Grooming Policy: Be a part of the
resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that
delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the
mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never
settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next
level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on
extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled
adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the
team at Vail - a place that's Like Nothing on Earth. Vail Resorts
is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status
protected by applicable law. Requisition ID 166525
Keywords: Vail Resorts, Vail , Dishwasher - The 10th - FT or PT - Summer Seasonal - Vail Mountain, Hospitality & Tourism , Vail, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!