Advanced Cook - The Arrabelle at Vail Square - Full Time - Summer Seas
Company: Vail Resorts
Posted on: May 24, 2019
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes
boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious
and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team.
Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to
deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most
innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience
with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Arrabelle is a luxury Vail hotel ideally located in the heart
of the much-acclaimed Vail Square. Nestled against the base of
North America's #1 ski resort, just footsteps from the Eagle Bahn
gondola, The Arrabelle at Vail Square was inspired by the classic
grand alpine hotels of Europe. From casual comforting cuisine to
world class upscale Alpine inspired dining, The Arrabelle at Vail
Square offers a variety of dining options to please every
The Tavern on The Square.
Ever thought to take a Bouchon level and style of gastropub
restaurant and build it at 8,000 ft in the Rocky Mountains, hire an
amazing crew, hand them snow boards and French knives and tell them
it's time to SHRED? Well we did. And we are still here to talk
about it. The Arrabelle at Vail Square is currently seeking a very
ambitious, energetic, seasonal culinary staff with a keen eye for
excellence to join our team. The Tavern on The Square is our
signature and wildly successful gastropub. We rank in the top 20
restaurants in Vail. Our lively restaurant features contemporary
cutting edge cuisine, open for breakfast, lunch, apres ski, dinner,
desserts and everything in between.
Featuring a full pastry and bakery department and incredibly
talented team, production and banquet kitchen. The Arrabelle
Culinary Department is also responsible for in room dining,
employee dining and catering to our robust banquet department which
plays host to numerous weddings, corporate events and other special
We offer free ski passes, a full employee dining room, lockers,
uniforms and fully equipped kitchens to make your culinary
experience of a lifetime.
Essential Job Functions:
- An experienced cook with a positive work ethic and general
leadership qualities, who is career oriented, creative, and active.
This individual has least two years of previous culinary experience
in a similar restaurant.
- Understands the importance of standards, speed, and
- Has proficient knife skills.
- Ability to work multiple stations in an outlet, work off prep
list and complete station setup in time allotted, fabricate items
to standard during service and completes prep list for next service
- Ability to manage the outlet during the chef's absence,
supervise all stations and operate to standards. Must be willing to
carry out the rules and quality standards set by the Executive
Chef, Sous Chef and General Manager.
- This individual is proficient in all positions in the kitchen
and may be responsible for training and overseeing employees, and
running daily kitchen duties to ensure smooth and efficient
- Practices good personal hygiene, safe food handling and
culinary skills. Understands and practices HACCP principles.
- Owns proper culinary tools.
- Possesses abilities in all applicable cooking techniques and
- Must be able to expedite food, solve problems as they arise,
and be flexible enough to deal with special requests.
- Maintains stock levels throughout day. Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent. -required
- Culinary degree/certificate. -preferred
- Previous culinary experience. -required
- Previous experience cooking for multiple outlets.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish. -preferred
- Current certification in state Professional Food Handler
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. -required
- Must be able to stand and walk briskly for up to 8 hours.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including weekends,
holidays, early mornings, afternoons and evenings. -required What's
in it for you? Benefits include:
- On-site parking
- Complete training and orientation
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time year - round
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development Be a part of
the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that
delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the
mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never
settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next
level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on
extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled
adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the
team at Vail - a place that's Like Nothing on Earth.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status
protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 165731
Keywords: Vail Resorts, Vail , Advanced Cook - The Arrabelle at Vail Square - Full Time - Summer Seas, Hospitality & Tourism , Vail, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!