Intermediate Cook - Game Creek Restaurant - Winter Seasonal - Vail Mountain
Company: Vail Resorts
Posted on: December 1, 2018
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Nestled just below Eagle's Nest and just above the Game Creek chair lift, Game Creek Restaurant is a truly unique location, with a private, members-only lunch balanced with a gourmet dinner program. Dining at Game Creek is an exceptional experience where guests overlook the beautiful Game Creek Bowl and either ski in for lunch or ride a snowcat for dinner. Game Creek Restaurant offers delectable, five-star, locally-sourced American cuisine, complimented by an award-winning wine list and superior service. This breathtaking European chalet-style restaurant is Vail Mountains signature fine dining location.
For this intermediate fine dining culinary position, we are seeking an individual with prior professional cooking experience, with a positive work ethic and desire to learn and expand skillsets, who is career oriented, creative, and active. The ideal candidate has at least one year of previous culinary experience in a similar caliber restaurant. This individual will be responsible for setting their station daily and executing service with ease, and will carry out the rules and quality standards set by the Executive Chef, Sous Chef and General Manager.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Functions as experienced cook with the ability to manage a station or multiple stations maintaining expectations for speed and service
- Responsible for preparing adequate mise en place for current and upcoming days.
- Capable of teaching others to use all kitchen equipment, processes and procedures
- Communicates with supervisor regarding volume levels and team assignments
- Assists in the control of food and labor costs by eliminating waste and over production
- Makes recommendations for adjusting pars
- Produces small to large batch goods using advanced and full range of classical cooking techniques
- May select recipes per menu cycle, prepare bakery items, receive inventory and prepare meals for customers requiring special diets
- Intermediate to advanced knife skills
- Able to explain ingredients in the menu and preparation techniques
- Able to read, interpret, demonstrate culinary fundamentals with sound knowledge of food handling procedures and food ingredients
- Able to work most positions on the culinary line (garde manger, pizza, basic saute, basic grill, fry station, pastry plating)
- Conducts regular prep and finished dish tasting to ensure consistency in quality, taste and presentation.
- Applies a variety of culinary techniques and practices
- Maintains stock levels throughout day
- May be responsible for training employees
- Applies Vail Mountain Dining Standards for speed and quality
- Participates in and occasionally supervise kitchen duties to ensure smooth operations
- Ensures all coolers, freezers and walk-ins are maintained to the companys, local health inspectors food safety standards and HACCP standards, including daily logging of refrigerator and freezer temperatures.
- Ability to work daytime or evening shifts.
- Must be fluent in English. -required
- High school diploma or equivalent. -required
- Must be able to lift and carry 40+ lbs. -required
- Must be able to stand for 8+ hours. -required
- Must have proficient knife skills. -required
- Experience in a wide variety of techniques. -preferred
- Has 2-3 years of prior experience in a professional kitchen. -required
- Must be willing to provide own culinary tools. -required
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays including: Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, December 26th through January 2nd, Presidents Day Weekend, and any other holidays as requested. -required
- Previous fine dining experience. -preferred
- Prior experience working in a professional kitchen - required.
- ServeSafe or Food Handlers certification (or be able to attain) - required
Learn More About:
Game Creek Restaurant: http://www.gamecreekvail.com
Vail Mountain Dining: http://www.vail.com/mountain/on-mountain-dining.aspx?page=viewall
Grooming Policy: http://jobs.vailresorts.com/info/company-policies.aspx
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail a place thats Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 156080
Keywords: Vail Resorts, Vail , Intermediate Cook - Game Creek Restaurant - Winter Seasonal - Vail Mountain, Hospitality & Tourism , Vail, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!