Assistant Executive Chef - The Arrabelle - Full Time - Year Round
Company: Vail Resorts
Posted on: November 3, 2018
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Arrabelle is seeking an experienced Executive Sous Chef to join our culinary team. Responsible for ensuring that all Resort guests have the highest quality culinary experience possible while maintaining a profitable Food & Beverage Division. Oversees all aspects of the culinary operation including payroll, ordering, scheduling, mentoring the line level, entry and middle management culinary layers as a teacher, proctor and mentor. Can be expected to cover a la cart and banquet outlets during times of high volume and needed support and during slow times when we are light staffed or covering for vacations. Also oversees the employee dining room, Production for all culinary departments, Stewarding/Dishwashing department and any contract kitchen labor within the given scope, including ordering of food and equipment and scheduling. Is actively involved in the daily operations by being a "hands on" Chef through modeling proper culinary techniques and working alongside employees. Exhibits a professional demeanor through appearance and by maintaining a positive attitude toward all employees and guests.
Additional Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develops progressive menus that appeal to all Resort owners and guests while maintaining responsible food cost.
- Adheres to all Rock Resort Brand Standards and applicable Health Department standards. Is Serve Safe certified.
- The Executive Sous Chef is directly responsible for any and all operations of the hotel culinary departments in the absence of the restaurant or banquet Chef.
- Supervises all kitchen employees, managers and all kitchen activities within the given scope, including stewarding and managing to brand standards at all times.
- The Executive Sous Chef will assist the Executive Chef in all areas of menu development and food related operations within the given scope.
- Responsible for maintaining consistent high quality of all kitchen production at all times to appropriate levels, responsible for monitoring production levels of all stocks and sauces, butchery for any and all stations in all kitchens. (Production)
- Works on the line cooking and or/Expedites breakfast, lunch or dinner as needed.
- Capable of creating a motivational atmosphere globally, throughout all departments, and a cohesive culinary/kitchen team.
- Exhibits a professional demeanor through appearance and by maintaining a positive attitude toward all employees and guests.
- Directly participates in daily production, capable of managing multiple projects effortlessly and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for selection, training, supervision, scheduling of all culinary dept. personnel.
- Is fiscally responsible and follows all budget guidelines. Capable of controlling costs and labor while maintaining profitability.
- Develops written spec sheets for each menu item to include: productions sheets, costings, mis en place breakdowns by station, order guides, special menus, themed menus and client requests.
- Coordinates menu tastings with service staff.
- Establishes staffing levels and daily food preparation to ensure the timing and flow of food service that meets demands.
- Oversee proper use and storage of cleaning supplies and chemicals. Responsible for providing for total maintenance and sanitation in all food production and service areas, including staff food safety education.
- Responsible for overseeing and purchasing of all products up to and including foodstuff, chemicals, sundries, linen, uniforms and kitchen equipment. Orders and controls food storage and pars in unison with the operation.
- Stays up to date regarding culinary trends and cultivates creativity among the culinary team.
- Capable of managing multiple levels of skillsets to achieve an effective strategy to deliver appropriate levels of product, correctly and in a timely manner, as well as writing and monitoring of daily production schedules.
- Responsible for keeping the kitchen, kitchen storage facilities, coolers and kitchen equipment clean and in good operating condition, communicates any mechanical problems as needed.
- Training, cross training and development of staff. Including, proper use of equipment. Monitoring and stimulating outlet chefs, continued training, special projects and development.
- Attend operations meetings, BEO meetings and daily line up meetings.
- Monitors punctuality, attendance, staff appearance, quality of uniforms.
- Oversees the compliance of state health regulations in the safe handling, storage and service of all food items.
- Responsible for conducting line inspections, weekly audits, temp log compliance.
- Assist and attend monthly culinary and stewarding divisional meetings, in concert with Sous Chefs and Executive Chef, to include agenda and minutes.
- Understands and complies with all VR Company Core Values, Policies and Procedures. Is able to clearly communicate all policies to culinary employees and ensures that employees are adhering to standards.
- Adheres to all four- and five-star/diamond performance standards of quality product, team culture, cleanliness and overall professionalism at all times.
- Oversees management of labor hours and reacts to staffing levels according to volume demands.
- Responsible for health department and brand standard compliance and maintaining excellent scores.
- Responsible for punctual and accurate inventory procedures.
- Develops strong working relationships with other department managers to ensure communication and teamwork is at an optimum, must be a strong communicator.
- Responsible for Human Resources related documentation: Evaluations, Vacation and personal requests, Accident reports, follow through on disciplinary documentation, Job Requisitions, Employee information updates, and Development of staff skills workshops.
- Coordinate any activity that overlaps with or concerns other departments with their respective department heads.
- Oversee breakage control procedures, also responsible for the care and condition of plates, bowls and all food service vessels.
- Oversee proper use and storage of cleaning supplies and chemicals, MSDS best practice, safety and OSHA compliance
- Responsible for food purchasing price point analysis, competitive analysis, and product waste analysis. Responsible to assist with menu costing.
- Is familiar with hotel fire and safety procedures. Assist in emergency and security procedures as directed
- Monitors punctuality, attendance, staff appearance, and quality of uniforms.
- Culinary degree/Certificate or equivalent experience
- 5-10 years of experience managing people and multi-unit culinary operations
- High end resort hotel experience a plus
- 5 years of Supervisory experience as a chef.
- Serve Safe Certification
- English necessary/Spanish recommended
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf in the summer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail a place thats Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 159744
Keywords: Vail Resorts, Vail , Assistant Executive Chef - The Arrabelle - Full Time - Year Round, Hospitality & Tourism , Vail, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!