Sous Chef - The 10th - Winter Seasonal - Vail Mountain
Company: Vail Resorts
Posted on: September 22, 2018
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The 10th, Vail's critically acclaimed on-mountain fine-dining restaurant is looking for a SOUS CHEF to join our outstanding restaurant staff. The 10th serves an upscale sit-down lunch daily, complete with a boot room for guests to enjoy slippers while they dine! Located at the top of Gondola One at Mid-Vail, The 10th is accessed either by ski-in and ski-out during the day or via Vails brand new high tech Gondola One. Modern. Alpine. Inspired. The 10th redefines classic alpine cuisine and elevates service to new standards in Vail.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- This person is either a graduate of a two year culinary program with two years post graduate quality experience, or has at least three years experience in quality establishments. This position is responsible for the supervision and training of employees, and the preparation and production of food.
- Must carry out the rules and quality standards set by the Executive Chef and General Manager.
- Responsible for all aspects of the kitchen when the Executive Chef and/or Executive Sous Chef are absent.
- The Sous Chef is required to be proficient in all positions in the kitchen
- The Sous Chef is required to be proficient in banquet services, plated service, elaborate breakfast and lunch buffets
- Responsible for training, overseeing, evaluating and disciplining culinary employees.
- Assist in the creation, engineering, costing, and management of menu in addition to monthly inventory, staff scheduling, and purchasing/ordering
- Responsible for proper condition and cleanliness of kitchen and equipment, ensuring proper safety and sanitation, and safe service of food.
- Should have the ability to work all stations in the kitchen, and have a proven ability to supervise, communicate, and work well with coworkers and service staff.
- Adheres to Vail Resorts Culinary Guidelines
- Owns proper culinary tools.
- Understands the importance of personal hygiene, safe food handling practices, and advanced culinary skills.
- Understands the importance of Standards, Speed, and Quality.
- This employee supports company philosophy, goals, and objectives.
- Takes responsibility for the product used in their outlet and manages it to assure a quality product.
- Responsible for and supervises cooks of all levels in regards to food handling including: rotation, sanitation of all storage areas, labeling and dating, and insures all storage areas are maintained
- Advises higher rated cooks and/or management of anticipated problems
- Assists in the direction and supervision of staff
- Assists in the creation, usage, and follow through of prep lists, cleaning list, and closing lists
- Assists in food ordering
- Demonstrates excellent teamwork and cooperation with service staff
- 3 years culinary experience in a fast-paced, fine dining restaurant - required.
- Must be able to lift and carry 40+ lbs - required.
- Must be able to stand for 8+ hours - required.
- High school diploma or equivalent - required.
- Team oriented attitude is a must
- Must be fluent in English - required.
- ServeSafe or Food Handlers certification (or be able to attain) - required
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays including: Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, December 26th through January 2nd, Presidents Day Weekend, and any other holidays as requested - required.
- 1-2 years managerial experience - preferred.
- Basic knowledge of the Spanish language - preferred.
Learn More About:
The 10th: http://www.the10thvail.com
Vail Mountain Dining: http://www.vail.com/mountain/on-mountain-dining.aspx?page=viewall
Grooming Policy: http://jobs.vailresorts.com/info/company-policies.aspx
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail a place thats Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 156094
Keywords: Vail Resorts, Vail , Sous Chef - The 10th - Winter Seasonal - Vail Mountain, Hospitality & Tourism , Vail, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!