Intermediate Cook - Lodge at Vail - Vail
Company: Vail Resorts
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Join our team at the Lodge at Vail as an Intermediate Level cook in fast paced culinary environment. You will work in the Culinary Department and prepare food as required for all outlets that may include; Cucina, Catering, IRD, Banquets Pool One and Employee Caf--. An intermediate cook has some experience. They will prepare food according to standardized recipes and portion controls. Will assist in prepping all kitchen lines and re-stocking the lines, as necessary. They will need to know all applicable Health Department Standards, Brand Standards and departmental standards. They will help the Chef(s) with other duties as needed
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Capable of all duties of an Entry Level cook.
- Able to work a station under high volumes of business with limited assistance.
- Stations may include; Pantry, Appetizer, Banquets and starting to learn advanced stations including Saut-- and Grill.
- Prepare food per established standards and recipes.
- Exhibit a professional demeanor through appearance and by maintaining a positive attitude toward all co-workers, managers and guests.
- Capable of working as a part of a cohesive culinary team.
- Assist in the coordination of all line prep duties, receiving and storing of product. Also assist in other areas of the department as needed.
- Works effectively with fellow cooks, Chefs, servers, expeditors, F&B Managers and Stewards.
- Works clean and efficiently with a sense of urgency.
- Assists the Chef in the enforcement of internal cost and labor controls.
- Understands and follow all safety procedures and promotes a safe work environment.
- Works within compliance of all health regulations
- Complies with all Resort policies, procedures and standards of operation.
- must have fun and loves winter
Whats in it for you? Benefits include:
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time year round positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail a place thats Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 156377
Keywords: Vail Resorts, Vail , Intermediate Cook - Lodge at Vail - Vail, Hospitality & Tourism , Vail, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!