Lead Cook - Tournant - Lodge at Vail - Vail
Company: Vail Resorts
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Responsible for ensuring that all Resort guests have the highest quality culinary experience possible while maintaining a profitable department. Capable of serving as a "roundsman" and assisting in all aspects of culinary operations to include; a la cart, banquet, garde manger, pastry and saucier. Assists in the day-to-day supervision of culinary and stewarding employees, in the absence of the Executive Chef or other specialty Chefs.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Exhibits a professional demeanor through appearance and by maintaining a positive attitude toward all employees and guests.
- Capable of working within a motivational atmosphere and assisting to building a cohesive culinary/kitchen team.
- Is actively involved in the daily operation by being hands on through modeling proper culinary techniques and working along side employees.
- Capable of serving as a "roundsman" and assisting in all aspects of culinary operations to include; al a cart, banquet, garde manger, pastry and saucier'.
- Ensures that each menu item is a celebration of culinary talent in both taste and plate presentation that incorporates flavor, a variety of color, height, texture and cooking techniques.
- Assists in the day-to-day supervision of culinary and stewarding employees, in the absence of the Chef De Cuisine or other specialty Chefs.
- Adheres to all five star/diamond brand standards to ensure that all guests have an outstanding culinary experience.
- Stays abreast of all culinary trends and cultivates creativity among the culinary team through innovative daily specials.
- Assists in maintaining all par levels for food items, kitchen supplies and all other necessary products needed to operate the banquet kitchen.
- Assist the Chef in determining pricing and standardization of portion controls.
- Capable of enforcing internal cost and labor controls.
- Responsible for maintaining clean and organized storage areas for all food items and for proper rotation.
- Leads the charge in clean as you go techniques that ensure the banquet kitchen, dish room, storage and heart-of-the-house areas are both clean and safe.
- Responsible for assisting the Chef De Cuisine in the creation of inventive and high quality guest room amenities to be given, and sold, to members/guests celebrating a special occasion or as a welcoming gift for V.I.P.'s.
- Develops strong working relationships with other Department Managers to ensure communication and teamwork is at an optimum.
- Oversees the compliance of state health regulations in the safe handling, storage and service of all food items.
- Responsible for helping to ensure that all china, glassware, silver and kitchen equipment is properly sanitized, racked and/or stored.
- Follows all safe work practice procedures.
- Performs any additional tasks or projects as required.
- Have for and love winter.
Whats in it for you? Benefits include:
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time year round positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail a place thats Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 156379
Keywords: Vail Resorts, Vail , Lead Cook - Tournant - Lodge at Vail - Vail, Hospitality & Tourism , Vail, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!