Fast Casual Advanced Cook - Winter Seasonal - Vail Mountain
Company: Vail Resorts
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Fast Casual Advanced Cook - Winter Seasonal, Full Time
Join Vail Mountain Dinings colorful cast of characters for the 2018-2019 winter season! We are searching for quality-driven, hospitality-oriented individuals, who are looking to work with a team that is committed to excellence. You will have the opportunity to ski or ride to and from your restaurant in addition to a free meal every day worked! Join us and have your experience of a lifetime! This is a great winter position for an experienced cook with a positive work ethic and general leadership qualities, who is career-oriented, creative, and active.
- Responsible for working multiple stations in an outlet, working off prep list and completing station setup in time allotted
- Must fabricate items to standard during service and completes prep list for next service period
- Responsible for managing the outlet during the chefs absence, supervise all stations and operate to standards
- Must be willing to carry out the rules and quality standards set by the Executive Chef, Sous Chef and General Manager
- Proficient in all positions in the kitchen and may be responsible for training and overseeing employees, and running daily kitchen duties to ensure smooth and efficient operations
- Practices good personal hygiene, safe food handling and culinary skills
- Understands and practices HACCP principles
- Maintains stock levels throughout day
- Communicates well and works well with coworkers and service staff
- High school diploma or equivalent - required
- Must be fluent in English - required
- Must be able to lift and carry 40+ lbs - required
- Must be able to stand for 8+ hours - required
- Must have proficient knife skills - required
- Must be able to solve problems as they arise, and be flexible enough to deal with special requests - required
- Possesses an advanced knowledge of proper cutting techniques, kitchen safety, and sanitation - required
- 2 years of previous experience in a fast paced restaurant - required
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays including: Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, December 26th through January 2nd, Presidents Day Weekend, and any other holidays as requested - required
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail a place thats Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 155469
Keywords: Vail Resorts, Vail , Fast Casual Advanced Cook - Winter Seasonal - Vail Mountain, Hospitality & Tourism , Vail, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!