Chef De Cuisine - Banquets - Vail Marriott - Vail
Company: Vail Resorts
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Vail Marriott is the largest banquet space in the area and the Chef de cuisine for this location must have well-rounded experience including high volume fast paced service as well as experience executing large fine dine, center of the plate style dinners. The Chef de cuisine will be responsible for managing all kitchen staff with the preparation and production of food, managing HACCP documentation, maintain a clean & safe work environment and achieving budgetary goals.
Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Arrives on time, clean, in proper uniform including non-slip shoes and cap.
- Demonstrates an upbeat, positive attitude and acts and communicates in a professional manner.
- Oversees and is able to work all stations in the kitchen.
- Coordinates daily menus and specials.
- Oversees all food orders and requisitions to maintain proper par levels and costs while providing fresh, quality products, inspecting all current products for freshness and proper documentation of any waste.
- Ensures proper receiving procedures are being followed including proper FIFO rotation and dating of all incoming product.
- Ensures daily prep/pull list is completed and BOH operations are adequately prepared for anticipated business levels.
- Ensures all recipes are adhered to and produced consistently and safely.
- Monitors food portioning, preparation and waste to control costs.
- Ensures plate portioning and presentation are consistent.
- Organizes kitchen and maintains all ServSafe, sanitation and safety policies and documentation.
- Ensures all BOH staff members are properly trained.
- Proper scheduling of all kitchen staff to hit budgetary goals by anticipating business levels and eliminating all OT while still providing a safe, quality product and service in a timely manner.
- Sets the example and ensures all staff are promoting a professional work environment by upholding proper grooming and uniform standards, following all food safety and HACCP guidelines, displaying a positive, professional attitude and language in all situations, being prepared by anticipating business levels, keeping a clean, safe work area.
- Demonstrates food quality expectations by preparing all dishes correctly and training and monitoring all those who prepare food items.
- Maintains a current MSDS book and accessibility, along with proper staff training and how to use it.
- Follows through on all disciplinary actions with proper documentation, training and guidance in a positive, professional manner.
- Immediately follows up with any equipment malfunctions or breakage to resolve the issue ASAP.
- Gives support to all kitchen operations as well as any FOH needs.
- Maintains budgetary food and beverage costs.
- Performs monthly kitchen audit and inspection to ensure all HACCP policies and procedures are being followed.
- Will take part in & perform all inventories to ensure that all products are accurately counted and recorded.
- Proficiency with computer software for the following: ordering, inventory, scheduling, time & labor.
- Abides by and upholds overall customer service standards.
- Abides by and upholds kitchen and food concessions service standards.
- Performs any such other related duties as may be required or directed.
- Three to five years related experience in a supervisory role and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time, and to perform strenuous physical labor in inclement weather conditions.
- Flexible working hours, including holidays and weekends.
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure/high volume and solve customer problems or issues.
- Good organization and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate with employees, guests, and customers to provide excellent service.
One Job Double the Benefits.
Working for the Marriott at Vail gives you access to the phenomenal mountain town that is Vail, CO and all the perks that come with being a Vail Resorts Employee (Free Ski Pass, discounted lodging at all Vail properties, discounts on retail items and FB locations). Not only that, but take advantage of the Marriott team member benefits (discounted room rates at all Marriotts nation-wide) to truly get the most out of your hospitality experience. Come join our team of incredible people with passion for customer service and making sure everyone checking in feels like they are home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 158180
Keywords: Vail Resorts, Vail , Chef De Cuisine - Banquets - Vail Marriott - Vail, Hospitality & Tourism , Vail, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!