Sous Chef - Winter Seasonal - Full Time
Company: Steamboat Ski Resort
Posted on: November 18, 2022
SeasonalWho We Are: Steamboat- Ski Town, U.S.A. is known as the
friendliest mountain destination in the world, thanks to our
western heritage and welcoming staff. We pride ourselves on hiring
the best employees and providing the best experience in the
industry. Our employee satisfaction scores top the charts and we
have employees who choose to work for the resort for 2, 5, 10, 20
plus years. Fair warning, starting a job at Steamboat could lead to
endless fun, lifelong friendships, and a rooted sense of
community.Who We're Looking For: Friendly folks who want to work at
the best ski resort, play in Champagne Powder and meet friends from
around the world. Our culture is supportive, challenging,
passionate and committed and we believe that diversity makes us
stronger. We are looking for unique individuals who exemplify these
qualities and care about each other, our mission, our environment
and our communities. If you like to provide incredible guest
service with a friendly attitude, you're ready to join our team. If
your dream job includes skiing and riding, interacting with guests,
rewarding work, free concerts, fireworks, employee parties and
more-we'd love to hear from you! Perks & Benefits: Steamboat offers
many exciting perks and benefits including a Steamboat ski pass for
you and eligible dependents, competitive compensation, free bus
passes to surrounding areas, retail/rental discounts, food &
beverage discounts, industry pro deal discounts, friends & family
discounted tickets subject to restrictions, reservations and/or
blackout dates. Steamboat also offers access to employee housing
(based on availability and employment status), a 401(k) plan with a
generous company match, Employee Assistance Program, Accrued Sick
Pay and a chance to learn and advance within Steamboat Ski & Resort
Corp. Steamboat employees are also eligible for discounted tuition
with partner online universities for all Alterra Mountain Company
employees to further their education. This winter season Steamboat
is in need of an experienced sous chef. Associates degree in
culinary arts and/or 3 years of relevant professional cooking
experience in resort or high-end facilities. At least 1 year
experience as sous chef, chef or kitchen manager in a supervisory
capacity is required. Applicants will be considered for all Food
and Beverage locations based on need, skills, experience, and
ability as necessary, must be able to Manage a shift in any
restaurant or banquets. Detailed job description, including
responsibilities, work performed, tools or equipment used,
- Culinary leader with prior management / supervisory
- Requires broad, in-depth knowledge and culinary skills in food
preparation, cooking and presentation.
- Able to effectively manage, train and give direction to kitchen
- Responsible for cost and quality control, managing labor and
ongoing sanitation practices.
- Manage a shift in any restaurant or banquets
- Mastery of all ingredients and prep required for all menu
items. Assist in the creation, usage, and follow through of prep
lists including pars.
- Advanced knife skills. Moves at an efficient and fast pace.
Knife cuts are consistent and accurate. Able to train and teach
others about knife skills and safety.
- Prepares station guides and ensures each station is set to
- Monitors and enforces all stations, walk-ins and storage areas
for proper labeling and rotation of product. Address violations
- Supervise the cleaning and organizing of all storage
- Complete Food Handler and Allergen training. Ensure compliance
with established health and safety procedures.
- Report all observations of damaged/ dangerous equipment.
Conduct and record time and temps at station. Has awareness of
storage areas, labeling and dating.
- Where applicable ensure that HAACP Principles are followed.
Ensuring that daily temperature logs are completed and filed
- Takes direction from Chef and outlet managers.
- Conduct training as determined by management, for staff.
- Supervise, coordinate and participate in the daily operations
of all restaurant kitchen facilities.
- Assist Chef in the supervision of kitchen staff. Responsible
for and supervises Cooks 1-4 in regards to food handling including:
rotation and sanitation.
- Assist Chef with food ordering and able to place food orders in
the Chefs absence.
- Operate computer system, email, purchasing guides, receipt log,
chef's daily log and notes.
- Actively participate in end of period food inventory counts
- Meet and exceed all budgetary goals in regards to Cost of
Goods. Basic understanding of food cost control methods and cost
vs. sales relationship. Actively participate in daily food waste
and transfer logs.
- Meet and exceed all budgetary goals in regards to labor
expense. Basic understanding of relationship between costs and
revenue. Participate in scheduling and labor forecasting with
- Plan and develop with Chef, all menus for outlets and all
specialty menus. Research, develop, modify and test recipes.
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as
any regulatory requirements
- Perform other duties, as assigned Minimum skills, experience,
and education required for this job:
- Associates degree in culinary arts and/or 3 years of relevant
professional cooking experience in resort or high-end
- At least 1 year experience as sous chef, chef or kitchen
manager in a supervisory capacity is required.
- Must be able to manage a shift in any restaurant or
- Must be able to work all stations in kitchen
- Must be able to adhere to Steamboat Culinary Guidelines
- Expected to interact and maintain positive relationships with
guests, co-workers, and management consistent with Steamboat Ski &
Resort Corp's Service Excellence standards Physical Requirements:
- Must be minimum 18 years of age
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must read, write, and speak fluently in English Miscellaneous
- Resume and cover letter required with online application
- This is an hourly non-exempt position and is subject to
- Position requires working weekends and holidays as needed
- All Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation employees are required
to follow adapting COVID policies and guidelines. The base hourly
pay range below represents the low and high end of the Steamboat
Ski & Resort Corporation hourly pay range for this position. Actual
pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various
factors including but not limited to experience, education,
training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of
production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel.
The range listed is just one component of Steamboat Ski & Resort
Corporation's total compensation package for employees. Other
rewards may include short-term and long-term incentives and many
region-specific benefits. Steamboat area base hourly pay range:
$26.00 - $29.00 per hour Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation is an
Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Steamboat Ski Resort, Vail , Sous Chef - Winter Seasonal - Full Time, Hospitality & Tourism , Vail, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!