Executive Chef - Housing available
Company: The Sebastian - Vail
Posted on: January 15, 2022
- Plans, organizes, schedules, reviews, and evaluates the work of
assigned staff. Meets with supervisory staff to ensure coordination
of culinary operations.
- Trains and develops kitchen staff; trains cooks/kitchen staff
in the importance of consistency in preparation and
- Ensures that level of quality, portion control, and plate
presentation is adhered to consistently.
- Monitors and maintains line plating and quality.
- Prepares a variety of cuisine utilizing skill and
- Coordinates with restaurant staff to ensure guest expectations
are met or exceeded.
- Assists with pastry and other duties as needed.
- Maintains a clean, organized, and safe kitchen; ensures all
sanitation procedures are being followed; ensures adherence to all
health and safety regulations and procedures.
- Establishes par levels for supplies and equipment; monitors and
maintains proper inventory levels; authorizes purchase orders for
supplies and equipment.
- Establishes and maintains effective revenue management
techniques to maximize profitability and control costs.
- Assists food and beverage department as needed.
- Skillfully utilizes hand tools or machines required, reads
recipes, measures, cuts, and otherwise works on materials with
- Establishes procedures, prepares and coordinates schedules, and
- Performs month-end inventories.
- Ensures all necessary reports and forms are completed
- Possesses and maintains through understanding of industry and
stays abreast of industry trends; communicates/incorporates
information to assure kitchen remains current.
- Ensures adherence to stringent hygiene requirements Ensures
that all stocks are ordered to the correct quantities, quality and
price, conduct regular stock checks/stock takes
- Ensures that all stocks are being kept securely and under the
correct conditions applicable to each type of commodity
- Ensures adherence to safety and emergency procedures required
to protect hotel and guest property.
- Reports any maintenance deficiencies timely.
- Resolves customer complaints/queries satisfactorily.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's
service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or
participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when
interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a
harmonious and effective workplace environment.
- Interprets and reacts proactively to guest feedback and guest
- Responsible for achieving budgeted goals and following
appropriate accounting procedures that include the processing of
invoices and labor reporting.
- Works with other managers and staff to find unique and creative
solutions for resolving everyday problems
- Performs other duties as necessary
- Works a flexible schedule and hours that varies based upon
business demands working whatever hours necessary for a timely
completion of responsibilities.QUALIFICATIONS:To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. - The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge and/or skill required. -Education
and Experience:High School Diploma/GED supplemented by formal
coursework in culinary sciences; AND five (5) years of culinary
operations experience, two (2) years of which were at a managerial
level; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and
experience. -Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Principles and practices of employee supervision, including
selection, work planning, organization, performance review and
evaluation, and employee training and discipline.
- Principles, practices and techniques of the cooking trade.
- Food and beverage products, menus and promotions.
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Principles, methods and equipment used in meal preparation in a
- Safe work practices and sanitation related to food preparation
- Inventory and record keeping principles and practices.
- Customer service principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from
various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person
and over the telephone.Skill in:
- Planning, organizing, supervising, reviewing and evaluating the
work of staff.
- Training others in policies and procedures related to the
- Performing budgeting and accounting functions for assigned
- Efficiently and effectively performing cooking duties.
- Focusing on quests and provision of quality customer
- Making accurate arithmetic calculations.
- Reading, understanding and following recipes and oral and
- Maintaining appropriate inventory of supplies and
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work
unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various
socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.PHYSICAL/MENTAL
REQUIREMENTS:The physical demands described herein are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of the job. -
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. -Mobility to work
in a food service setting, use standard kitchen equipment; stamina
to stand for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry
up to 50 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer
screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech
to communicate in person or over the telephone. - -
Keywords: The Sebastian - Vail, Vail , Executive Chef - Housing available, Hospitality & Tourism , Vail, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!