Room Service Server (Tipped) - Vail Marriott - Winter Seasonal
Company: Vail Mountain
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers
and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime
to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the
brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and
challenge the status quo. Whether you're looking for seasonal work
or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The Room Service Server is responsible for ensuring that all Resort
guests have the highest quality food and beverage in-room dining
experience possible. Provides exceptional service levels during all
interactions with owners, guests, co-workers and management.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures that the guest experience is pleasant in regard to
telephone order taking, in-room presentation, quality of food &
beverage products and efficiency in table/tray clean up by adhering
to the department's brand standards.
- Consistently adheres to the uniform standards and always looks
clean, neat and professional.
- Responsible for consistently providing exceptional telephone
service skills and a professional, cheerful tone of voice.
Accurately takes in-room dining orders and offers food and beverage
- Accurately inputs all orders into the point of sale system and
communicates any special requests to the kitchen. Correctly settles
all checks to the proper account. Handles all table/tray set up
paying special attention to cleanliness and proper
presentation/position of settings.
- Delivers all orders within the specified time frame.
- Ensures all orders are correct and that all accompaniments are
- Calls guests/owners by name and remains professional and
competent while setting up the in room dining presentation
according to the brand standards.
- Pro-actively follows up on all in-room dining experiences by
checking on the satisfaction of the owner/guest and offering to
remove tables/trays within two hours of delivering the order.
- Responsible for doing floor sweeps every two hours to ensure
the corridors and service elevator landings are free of room
service tables, trays, dishes and amenities.
- Reads daily schedule of events, VIP list, BEOs/resumes to
prepare for each shift and upcoming events.
- Responsible for the completion of all side work that is
assigned by the captain/manager. Maintains a neat and clean
department and leads the charge in the resorts' commitment to
environmental efforts and recycling.
- Capable of working as part of a cohesive team and maintaining a
positive, proactive attitude.
- Practices safe work habits in all types of duties and with all
- Oversees the compliance of state liquor laws and all health
- Complies with all Resort policies, procedures and standards of
- Must be able to assist in other outlets, including: First
Chair, Avalanche Pub and Starbucks during slow periods of the
- Performs any additional tasks or projects as required.
- Must be a High School Graduate or have a GED.-required
- Must have 1 year of guest service.-required
- Must have ability to effectively communicate in English to
guests, vendors and employees.-required
- Bilingual English/Spanish.-preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.-required
- Must be able to stand and walk for up to 8hours.-required
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including weekends and
- In person interviews.-required
- Resumes.-required Schedule is five days a week mornings and
The budgeted range starts at 9.30 - 10.81. Actual pay will be
adjusted based on experience.
The perks and benefits include
- Free ski passes for employees
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Accrued Sick Time
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food (including $5 meals), gear, and
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Excellent training & professional development Seasonal Full
Time roles are eligible for the above, plus---
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (only available once
eligible employees work 750 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents Be a part of the resort where it
all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of
luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every
experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best?
Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a
passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer
service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place
that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail - a place
that's Like Nothing on Earth.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status
protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 284910
Keywords: Vail Mountain, Vail , Room Service Server (Tipped) - Vail Marriott - Winter Seasonal, Hospitality & Tourism , Vail, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!