Intermediate Pastry Cook - Winter Seasonal
Company: Vail Mountain
Posted on: February 20, 2021
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts.--As a community of adventurers
and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime
to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the
brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and
challenge the status quo. Whether you're looking for seasonal work
or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.- The
10th, Vail's critically acclaimed on-mountain fine-dining
restaurant is looking for an INTERMEDIATE PASTRY & BAKING COOK to
join our outstanding restaurant staff. The 10th serves an upscale
sit-down lunch daily, complete with a boot room for guests to enjoy
slippers while they dine! Located at the top of Gondola One at
Mid-Vail, The 10th is accessed either by ski-in and ski-out during
the day or via Vail's brand new high tech Gondola One. Modern.
Alpine. Inspired. The 10th redefines classic alpine cuisine and
elevates service to new standards in Vail. The 10th on Vail
Mountain is seeking a talented, career-oriented individual with
creativity, a passion for food, and who is committed to delivering
excellence at all times. This individual is to possess intermediate
baking techniques and skills, must have the ability to work
unsupervised, and always has a sense of urgency. Applicants are
expected to adhere to the company's mission, vision and value
statements. Individuals must be knowledgeable of the company's
policies and initiatives for Vail Mountain Dining, Environmental,
and Health and Safety. This position will have specific
responsibilities within these areas and individuals are expected to
understand them. Responsibilities Include (but are not limited
- Responsible for preparation of daily breads for the service,
line, events and special requests, including table bread service,
burger buns, focaccia and other breads as needed.
- Liaise with Supervisors, Sous Chefs, and Lead Warehouse Clerk
daily to organize timely meal requirements ensuring consistency in
quality, taste and presentation.
- Ensure all coolers, freezers and walk-ins are maintained at the
company's and health inspector's food safety standards and HAACP
standards including the daily logging of refrigerator and freezer
- Follow and enforce kitchen safety regulations. In particular,
100% compliance of the cut glove policy.
- Execute special requests/first tracks
breakfasts/groups/weddings/buy-out events needs as per banquet
- Assist other departments when need arises.
- Attend all trainings and classes as assigned or advised by
- Other duties as assigned by your Supervisor or Senior
- One year minimum pastry and baking experience in a fine dining
and high volume establishment required.
- Ability to work with various bread and pastry dough and
breakfast pastries required.
- Possess the following key essential qualities - adaptability,
flexibility, positive attitude, even temperament and a keen eye for
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be able to lift 40+ lbs required.
- Ability to speak read and write in English required.
- Ability to work standing for 8+ hours required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older required.
- Flexibility in scheduling, ability to work weekends and
holidays including: Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, December 23rd to
January 4th, President's Day Weekend and other holidays as
- High Altitude pastry and baking experience preferred.
- High Volume baking experience preferred.
- ServeSafe or Food Handler's certification (or be able to
attain) - required?
- Progressive culinary experience working in a kitchen with an
emphasis on line cooking in fine dining and high volume
- Previous supervisory/managerial experience preferred. Learn
More About:The 10th: Vail Mountain Dining: Grooming Policy: The
budgeted range starts at 13.25-14.50.- Actual pay will be adjusted
based on experience. The perks and benefits include
Free ski passes for employees- 401(k)
retirement plan-- Accrued Sick Time- Discount lift tickets for
friends and family- Free ski lessons- Discounted lodging, food
(including $5 meals), gear, and mountain shuttles- Discounted bike
haul & golf- Excellent training & professional development-
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus-
Critical Illness and Accident
plansMedical, Dental, and Vision insurance (only available once
eligible employees work 750 hours)-- Free ski passes for dependents
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to
a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while
infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you
someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain
exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people
who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver
unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and
unflinching. Join the team at Vail - a place that's Like Nothing on
Earth. Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other
status protected by applicable law.Requisition ID 287428
Keywords: Vail Mountain, Vail , Intermediate Pastry Cook - Winter Seasonal, Hospitality & Tourism , Vail, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!