Chef de Cuisine - The 10th - Vail Mountain - FT Year-round
Company: Vail Mountain
Posted on: November 22, 2020
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers
and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime
to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the
brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and
challenge the status quo. Whether you're looking for seasonal work
or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak. Job
Classification: 10 month, year roundJob Type: Full TimeLocation:
Vail, CO USA The 10th, Vail's critically acclaimed on-mountain
fine-dining restaurant is looking for a Chef de Cuisine to join our
outstanding restaurant staff. The 10th serves an upscale sit-down
lunch daily, complete with a boot room for guests to enjoy slippers
while they dine! Located at the top of Gondola One at Mid-Vail, The
10th is accessed either by ski-in and ski-out during the day or via
Vail's brand new high tech Gondola One. Modern. Alpine. Inspired.
The 10th redefines classic alpine cuisine and elevates service to
new standards in Vail. Responsibilities Include (but are not
- This person is either a graduate of a two year culinary program
with two years post graduate quality experience, or has at least
three years experience in quality establishments. This position is
responsible for the supervision and training of employees, and the
preparation and production of food.
- Must carry out the rules and quality standards set by the
Executive Chef and General Manager.
- Responsible for all aspects of the kitchen when the Executive
Chef and/or Executive Sous Chef are absent.
- The Chef de Cuisine is required to be proficient in all
positions in the kitchen
- The Chef de Cuisine is required to be proficient in banquet
services, plated service, elaborate breakfast and lunch
- Responsible for training, overseeing, evaluating and
disciplining culinary employees.
- Assist in the creation, engineering, costing, and management of
menu in addition to monthly inventory, staff scheduling, and
- Responsible for proper condition and cleanliness of kitchen and
equipment, ensuring proper safety and sanitation, and safe service
- Should have the ability to work all stations in the kitchen,
and have a proven ability to supervise, communicate, and work well
with coworkers and service staff.
- Adheres to Vail Resorts Culinary Guidelines
- Owns proper culinary tools.
- Understands the importance of personal hygiene, safe food
handling practices, and advanced culinary skills.
- Understands the importance of Standards, Speed, and
- This employee supports company philosophy, goals, and
- Takes responsibility for the product used in their outlet and
manages it to assure a quality product.
- Responsible for and supervises cooks of all levels in regards
to food handling including: rotation, sanitation of all storage
areas, labeling and dating, and insures all storage areas are
- Advises higher rated cooks and/or management of anticipated
- Assists in the direction and supervision of staff
- Assists in the creation, usage, and follow through of prep
lists, cleaning list, and closing lists
- Assists in food ordering
- Demonstrates excellent teamwork and cooperation with service
- 3 years culinary experience in a fast-paced, fine dining
restaurant - required.
- Must be able to lift and carry 40+ lbs - required.
- Must be able to stand for 8+ hours - required.
- High school diploma or equivalent - required.
- Team oriented attitude is a must
- Must be fluent in English - required.
- ServeSafe or Food Handler's certification (or be able to
attain) - required---
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays including:
Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, December 26th through January 2nd,
Presidents' Day Weekend, and any other holidays as requested -
- 1-2 years managerial experience - preferred.
- Basic knowledge of the Spanish language - preferred. Learn More
About:The 10th: Vail Mountain Dining: Grooming Policy: Be a part of
the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that
delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the
mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never
settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next
level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on
extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled
adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the
team at Vail - a place that's Like Nothing on Earth. Vail Resorts
is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status
protected by applicable law. Requisition ID 242947
Keywords: Vail Mountain, Vail , Chef de Cuisine - The 10th - Vail Mountain - FT Year-round, Hospitality & Tourism , Vail, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!