Intermediate Pastry Cook - Winter Seasonal
Company: Vail Resorts
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes
boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious
and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team.
Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to
deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's--most
innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience
with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.--------The 10th,
Vail's critically acclaimed on-mountain fine-dining restaurant is
looking for an INTERMEDIATE PASTRY & BAKING COOK --to join our
outstanding restaurant staff. The 10th serves an upscale sit-down
lunch daily, complete with a boot room for guests to enjoy slippers
while they dine! --Located at the top of Gondola One at Mid-Vail,
The 10th is accessed either by ski-in and ski-out during the day or
via--Vail's brand new high tech Gondola One.-- Modern. Alpine.
Inspired.-- The 10th redefines classic alpine cuisine and elevates
service to new standards in Vail.----The 10th on Vail Mountain is
seeking a talented, career-oriented individual with creativity, a
passion for food, and who is committed to delivering excellence at
all times. This individual is to possess intermediate baking
techniques and skills, must have the ability to work unsupervised,
and always has a sense of urgency. Applicants are expected to
adhere to the company's mission, vision and value statements.
Individuals must be knowledgeable of the company's policies and
initiatives for Vail Mountain Dining, Environmental, and Health and
Safety. This position will have specific responsibilities within
these areas and individuals are expected to understand
them.--Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for preparation of daily breads for the service,
line, events and special requests, including table bread service,
burger buns, focaccia and other breads as needed.
- Liaise with Supervisors, Sous Chefs, and Lead Warehouse Clerk
daily to organize timely meal requirements ensuring consistency in
quality, taste and presentation.
- Ensure all coolers, freezers and walk-ins are maintained at the
company's and health inspector's food safety standards and HAACP
standards including the daily logging of refrigerator and freezer
- Follow and enforce kitchen safety regulations. In particular,
100% compliance of the cut glove policy.
- Execute special requests/first tracks
breakfasts/groups/weddings/buy-out events needs as per banquet
- Assist other departments when need arises.
- Attend all trainings and classes as assigned or advised by
- Other duties as assigned by your Supervisor or Senior
- One year minimum pastry and baking experience in a fine dining
and high volume establishment--required.
- Ability to work with various bread and pastry dough and
- Possess the following key essential qualities - adaptability,
flexibility, positive attitude, even temperament and a keen eye for
- High school diploma or equivalent--required.
- Must be able to lift 40+ lbs--required.
- Ability to speak read and write in English--required.
- Ability to work standing for 8+ hours--required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older--required.
- Flexibility in scheduling, ability to work weekends and
holidays including: Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, December 23rd to
January 4th, President's Day Weekend and other holidays as
- High Altitude pastry and baking experience--preferred.
- High Volume baking experience--preferred.
- ServeSafe or Food Handler's certification (or be able to
- Progressive culinary experience working in a kitchen with an
emphasis on line cooking in fine dining and high
- Previous supervisory/managerial
Free Ski passes for employees and
dependents--Discount lift tickets for friends and family--Free ski
lessons--Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain
shuttles--Discounted bike haul & golf--Medical, Dental, and Vision
plans (full-time positions)--401(k) Retirement Plan--Excellent
training and professional development--Learn More About:The 10th:--
Vail Mountain Dining:--Grooming Policy:--------Be a part of the
resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that
delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the
mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never
settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next
level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on
extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled
adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the
team at Vail - a place that's Like Nothing on Earth. Vail Resorts
is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status
protected by applicable law.Requisition ID 183129
Keywords: Vail Resorts, Vail , Intermediate Pastry Cook - Winter Seasonal, Hospitality & Tourism , Vail, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!