Durable Medical Equipment Patient Care Specialist/Fitter
Company: The Steadman Clinic
Posted on: November 20, 2018
Only one Vail. Only One Steadman Clinic. The goal of The Steadman Clinic is to deliver the highest standard of orthopaedic care and personal attention to each and every patient seeking our help. Whether an injured professional athlete or an individual who wants to be able to walk again without pain, our physicians will do their best to help our patients achieve their goals. Our success in helping our patients reach their goals is what attracts people from all walks of life, from all over the world, to the Steadman Clinic. The Steadman Clinic is seeking an entry level Durable Medical Equipment Patient Care Specialist/Fitter. This person will directly work with physicians, medical professionals, and patients in a clinical setting. Key Responsibilities:
- Provide fitting, patient education on application, use, care, and expected outcome for products as indicated by the physician instructions and manufacturer recommendations
- Educate patients on insurance plans and financial responsibility
- Actively promote and foster good relations with physicians and clinical staff
- Contact insurance companies and obtain DME benefits and prior-authorization for all the physician's orders Insure that all necessary documentation and authorization is obtained as it relates to payer requirements Attributes and Qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to organize multiple projects and assignments at once.
- Demonstrate professionalism, effective decision making, and time management skills
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, physicians, and staff
- Knowledge of Anatomy, Physiology, Medical Terminology, Insurance Claims, and Insurance Benefits.
- Proficiency in Word, Internet Explorer, and Excel DME or Orthotic related medical experience preferred Knowledge of medical billing/collection practices a plus The Steadman Clinic offers a comprehensive benefit package. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.
Keywords: The Steadman Clinic, Vail , Durable Medical Equipment Patient Care Specialist/Fitter, Healthcare , Vail, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!