Elementary SPED Paraprofessionals, School Nurse, 6-12 Interventionist
Company: Hayden School District
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Hayden School District --- Elementary SPED Paraprofessionals ---
School Nurse JOB SUMMARY
- To assist the nurse coordinator in duties as assigned,
including the promotion of health and wellness for students and
staff at Hayden Valley Schools. Staff the district health room and
assist with daily needs of ill, injured or students with chronic
conditions as well as staff emergencies. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Colorado RN license
- Previous experience in healthcare role preferred
- Valid American Red Cross First Aide Certification
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with students,
parents, and staff
- Excellent organizational and clerical skills; high attention to
accuracy and detail
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft
Office Suite and Google
- Ability to maintain confidentiality REPORTS TO:
- School Nursing Coordinator EVALUATORS:
- School Nursing Coordinator PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide designated direct health care services within to
students; follow up on health care referrals.
- Assist with school-wide health screenings including organizing,
schedules, records, materials and supplies.
- Record health information in individual student health records
or health room log; assist the nurse coordinator with clerical
duties, record keeping and immunization records.
- Follow up on health care referrals by the school nurse and
assist families in accessing additional services.
- Maintain files and update student health records; prepare
appropriate reports for serious accidents or injury.
- Maintain health office, including materials, supplies and
- Ability to work under day to day direction from the school
nurse coordinator. Consult with the school nurse coordinator
regarding the student's health status, particularly when unstable
- Administers medication to students according to district and
state guidelines. Administer emergency first aid and CPR in
accordance with established protocols. Awareness and education in
use of an AED.
- Adhere to requirements of confidentiality regarding student s
records; discreetly handle sensitive information pertaining to
staff, parents and students.
- Responds efficiently to requests for service and keep principal
and office staff informed of any health related problems. Contact
parents as is appropriate.
- Acts as liaison between school, parents, students and
- Ability to interpret and follow school and state
policies/procedures and use of best practices in day to day
- Excellent ability to work in a high volume setting with
constant interruptions and prioritize health office duties
- Reports to school nurse coordinator and communicates with
principal, assistant principals to keep informed of any health
related problems. Check district email daily.
- Conduct COVID tests for students and staff as needed, with
- Staff the health room during school hours to care for injured
or sick students and staff including those with COVID related
- Daily reporting to LPH on COVID cases and concerns including
demographics, symptom onset and contract tracing as
- Communication with parents regarding COVID and positive tests
(isolation and quarantine dates).
- Manage students with chronic illness/conditions on a daily
basis. Including assisting with health care plan implementation and
- Support student toileting if the health technician or
paraprofessional is not available.
- Administer daily medications.
- Daily documentation/charting.
- Documentation of annual immunization records and other required
reporting for state compliance.
- Ordering supplies, taking inventory and stocking the health
room as needed.
- AED compliance (check functioning and supplies twice a month)
for all four devices in the district.
- CPR compliance and tracking of staff in the district.
- Staff, CNE meetings as assigned.
- Coverage for school nurse coordinator while absent.
- Other duties as assigned. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:Decision
Making: An example of a typical decision made by an individual in
this position is to interpret policies/procedures and best
practice. An incorrect decision made by this position could impact
the district legally causing the financial condition of the
district to be affected. Errors made in decision-making could
potentially result in a substantial cost to the District or damage
to the credibility of the District.Language Skills: Ability to
read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, technical
procedures, and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports,
business correspondence, and procedural manuals. Ability to
effectively present information and respond professionally to
questions from students, parents and staff.Mathematical Skills:
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as interest,
discounts, commissions, proportions, percentage, circumference, and
volume. Ability to calculate dosages.Reasoning Ability: Ability to
solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete
variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Ability to exercise good
judgment and common sense and follow established procedures.Other
Skills and Abilities: Adequate office skills as appropriate to the
duties of the position; dependability; flexibility in adjusting to
various school assignments and/or situations; ability to respect
confidentiality of information; ability to establish and maintain
effective working relationships with students, peers, parents, and
community; Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in
oral and written form. Ability to work well with children. Physical
Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk, and hear. The
employee is occasionally required to run, stoop or kneel; use hands
to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee
must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee
must occasionally push items of 100 lbs., such as pushing a child
in a wheelchair. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.Work
Environment: The work environment characteristics described here
are representative of those an employee encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. The noise level in this environment is
moderate to quiet, depending on the activity in the particular part
of the day. Directly responsible for student s safety and
well-being. --- 6-12 Interventionist --- Substitute Teachers &
Keywords: Hayden School District, Vail , Elementary SPED Paraprofessionals, School Nurse, 6-12 Interventionist, Healthcare , Hayden, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!