Elementary SPED Paraprofessionals, School Nurse, 6-12 Interventionist
Company: Hayden School District
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Hayden School District
--- Elementary SPED Paraprofessionals
--- School Nurse
- To assist the nurse coordinator in duties as assigned,
including the promotion of health and wellness for students and
staff at Hayden Valley Schools. Staff the district health room and
assist with daily needs of ill, injured or students with chronic
conditions as well as staff emergencies. -
- Colorado RN license
- Previous experience in healthcare role preferred
- Valid American Red Cross First Aide Certification
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with students,
parents, and staff
- Excellent organizational and clerical skills; high attention to
accuracy and detail
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft
Office Suite and Google
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- School Nursing Coordinator
- School Nursing Coordinator
- Provide designated direct health care services within to
students; follow up on health care referrals.
- Assist with school-wide health screenings including organizing,
schedules, records, materials and supplies.
- Record health information in individual student health records
or health room log; assist the nurse coordinator with clerical
duties, record keeping and immunization records.
- Follow up on health care referrals by the school nurse and
assist families in accessing additional services.
- Maintain files and update student health records; prepare
appropriate reports for serious accidents or injury.
- Maintain health office, including materials, supplies and
- Ability to work under day to day direction from the school
nurse coordinator. Consult with the school nurse coordinator
regarding the student's health status, particularly when unstable
- Administers medication to students according to district and
state guidelines. Administer emergency first aid and CPR in
accordance with established protocols. Awareness and education in
use of - an AED.
- Adhere to requirements of confidentiality regarding student's
records; discreetly handle sensitive information pertaining to
staff, parents and students.
- Responds efficiently to requests for service and keep principal
and office staff informed of any health related problems. Contact
parents as is appropriate.
- Acts as liaison between school, parents, students and
- Ability to interpret and follow school and state
policies/procedures and use of best practices in day to day
decision making. -
- Excellent ability to work in a high volume setting with
constant interruptions and prioritize health office duties
- Reports to school nurse coordinator and communicates with
principal, assistant principals to keep informed of any health
related problems. - Check district email daily.
- Conduct COVID tests for students and staff as needed, with
- Staff the health room during school hours to care for injured
or sick students and staff including those with COVID related
- Daily reporting to LPH on COVID cases and concerns including
demographics, symptom onset and contract tracing as
- Communication with parents regarding COVID and positive tests
(isolation and quarantine dates).
- Manage students with chronic illness/conditions on a daily
basis. Including assisting with health care plan implementation and
- Support student toileting if the health technician or
paraprofessional is not available.
- Administer daily medications.
- Daily documentation/charting.
- Documentation of annual immunization records and other required
reporting for state compliance.
- Ordering supplies, taking inventory and stocking the health
room as needed.
- AED compliance (check functioning and supplies twice a month)
for all four devices in the district.
- CPR compliance and tracking of staff in the district.
- Staff, CNE meetings as assigned.
- Coverage for school nurse coordinator while absent.
- Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Decision Making: - An example of a typical decision made by an
individual in this position is to interpret policies/procedures and
best practice. - An incorrect decision made by this position could
impact the district legally causing the financial condition of the
district to be affected. Errors made in decision-making could
potentially result in a substantial cost to the District or damage
to the credibility of the District.
Language Skills: - -Ability to read, analyze, and interpret
professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental
regulations. - Ability to write reports, business correspondence,
and procedural manuals. - Ability to effectively present
information and respond professionally to questions from students,
parents and staff.
Mathematical Skills: - -Ability to calculate figures and amounts
such as interest, discounts, commissions, proportions, percentage,
circumference, and volume. Ability to calculate dosages.
Reasoning Ability: - Ability to solve practical problems and deal
with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only
limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of
instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Ability to exercise good judgment and common sense and follow
Other Skills and Abilities: - -Adequate office skills as
appropriate to the duties of the position; dependability;
flexibility in adjusting to various school assignments and/or
situations; ability to respect confidentiality of information;
ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
with students, peers, parents, and community; Ability to
communicate clearly and concisely both in oral and written form.
Ability to work well with children.
Physical Demands: - While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk, and
hear. - The employee is occasionally required to run, stoop or
kneel; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and
arms. - The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50
pounds. The employee must occasionally push items of 100 lbs., such
as pushing a child in a wheelchair. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and
Work Environment: - -The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. - Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. - The noise level in this
environment is moderate to quiet, depending on the activity in the
particular part of the day. Directly responsible for student's
safety and well-being.
--- 6-12 Interventionist
--- Substitute Teachers & Drivers
Keywords: Hayden School District, Vail , Elementary SPED Paraprofessionals, School Nurse, 6-12 Interventionist, Healthcare , Hayden, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!