Company: The Steadman Clinic
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Description:The Orthopaedic Surgery Physician Assistant is
responsible for assisting the supervising physician in the medical
and surgical management of patients assigned to their practice. The
Physician Assistant will work one-on-one with orthopaedic surgeon
as well as various fellows and researchers. Time will be divided
between the clinic, operating room and administrative tasks
centered on patient care.Practice: Sports Medicine, Hip Disorders &
Hip ArthroscopyLocation: Multiple, primarily Vail,
CO.Classification: full-time, year round, exempt position with
benefitsCompensation: starting at $100,000 DOEStart date: asap *As
a condition of employment, The Steadman Clinic requires proof of
COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.Key
- Collaborates with attending physician to diagnose and treat
injuries and related illnesses in both clinical and surgical
settings; performs procedures within the PA scope of practice as
directed by the supervising physician in the clinic, OR and ER
including first and second assisting responsibilities.
- Assists in preoperative evaluation and education, performs
initial interview and assessment of patient, performs history and
physical examination and reviews diagnostic data.
- Tracks and obtains radiographic studies and lab work required
for preoperative patients.
- Manages prescription medication for practice.
- Perform preoperative consultation/education and complete
surgical procedure forms and coding; writes post operative/post
procedure notes and orders for supervising physician.
- Communicate with outside/consulting physicians,
occupational/physical therapists regarding ongoing care.
- Contributes to development of evidence based clinical protocols
and patient assessment forms.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with
patients, families, key decision-makers, facility and department
staff, and collaborating physicians.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the physician..
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
Physician Assistant program accredited by the AMA Council on
Medical Education required; Master's degree strongly
- At least three years of PA experience preferred.
- Certification by the National Commission for Certified
Physician's Assistants (NCCPA) required. Registered and licensed by
the Colorado Board of Medical Examiners. Current DEA number
required. Current certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support
for healthcare providers required.
- Must maintain a professional attitude toward patients and an
excellent and collegial working relationship with other Steadman
Clinic and hospital personnel involved in patient care.
- Excellent critical thinking skills, ability to work
independently, and manage time effectively.Benefits
- Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Company 401k Contribution
- Basic Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Ski Pass Bonus
- Available parking
- OtherWe are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to
equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national
origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status,
physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.
Keywords: The Steadman Clinic, Vail , Physician Assistant, Healthcare , Vail, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!