Medical Assistant at Eagle County Detention Center (Part-time)
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Why WellpathHere at Wellpath, everything that we do is about
taking care of people our patients, our staff and our partners. We
are committed to making a difference by providing hope and healing
to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical environments. Our
talented, compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment,
is empowered and supported by education, training and the resources
to practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
Always Do The Right Thing!About this roleOur Medical Assistant is
responsible for assisting in the delivery of patient care through
the gathering of information during the clinical process under
supervision of Registered Nurses. Assists all nurses with
performing activities commensurate with his/her education and
demonstrated competencies.What you bring to the tableEducation:
- Completed an accredited MA courseExperience:
- Minimum of one (1) year of clinical experience
- Currently certified as a Medical Assistant in the State if
certification is required by the State
- For states that do not require this position to be certified, a
certification is not required
- Must be able to obtain and maintain CPR certificationWhat you
- Consult with and is responsible to RN's and other staff as
- Implements clinical and technical aspects of care in accordance
with established policies and procedures. Intervenes with proper
technique, procedures and safety precautions to meet individual
needs of patient.
- Participates in gathering information on patient history.
- Verifies medications.
- Makes appropriate referrals for follow-up.
- Adhere to work the work schedule as designated by your
supervisor to ensure continuity of care for the patient and
maintenance of staffing matrix for the client.
- Respond to code, or patient crisis as set forth by the sites
policy and procedure.
- Assists health care practitioner as assigned.
- Adhere to infection control techniques and principles.
- Provides for emotional and physical comfort and safety of
- Assists in maintaining working areas, supplies, and equipment
in good working order.
- Attends mandatory staff meetings/ training.
- Respects dignity and confidentiality of patients.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Wellpath is an
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability EmployerOur investment in you
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance plan options
- Time off & leave benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental benefits
- Perks and discounts
- And more available here
Keywords: Wellpath, Vail , Medical Assistant at Eagle County Detention Center (Part-time), Healthcare , Eagle, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!